• April 24, 2024, 07:42:46 AM

Author Topic: Ernst Kaltenbrunner - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Darth Sion ass niBBa

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Ernst Kaltenbrunner - Game Server Admin Application
« on: February 05, 2018, 05:16:46 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Fuzzy Fire'chu
[TheMagicMarksman]
Kitty3Muffin

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
None in TF2, I admined on a few Unturned servers a wile back. I know the basics of not abusing and whatnot.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I've been playing on Swapshop servers for about 6 years now. I've been offline for the past 4 years because I couldn't afford a computer, I played for about 2 years on this server before my unwanted leave and I really wanted to apply for admin. These servers are just generally awesome and I feel like I could be an awesome addition

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I work 6:30AM to 3:30PM so pretty much any time after 4PM to 11ishPM depending on how hard the day was. I already spend a shitload of time here.

B. On the forums?
Anytime after 4pm

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
6 years

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I speak google translate

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198130409679
http://steamcommunity.com/id/revanthedestroyer/ (+reps on my profile may count?)

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
None.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I don't get emotional about games, but in real life if I get into an emotional situation I usually just resort to destroying someone's arguement/accusations with facts and/or just a general breakdown of what they're saying and making them realize how wrong they are.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
A moderate sense of humour, a low salt level when it comes to games.

I don't see any major weaknesses except diagnosed depression. Which sometimes keeps me from doing things I enjoy. Rather than play TF2 I'll just go read a book or something.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 3
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Give them warnings before muting them if they continued

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask them why they found them offensive and ask them to mute the player (if the remarks really weren't offensive)

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
2 warning then a mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report it on the forums and/or tell another admin

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Spectate them and make a judgement based on how I see them playing

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I remind them of the rules and alert another admin

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I get gud and kill them. No domination is permanent

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Tell them if they do not enjoy the server there are plenty of others on the community server list. If they continute screaming profaniyies, mute them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell another admin, take video of them saying such, and report it on the forums

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
The shop is something any player can access. Sorry for the credit loss but you knew there was a slay perk when you bought it.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
godmodding, noclipping, unnessecary slaying, unnessecary muting, reasonless bans, etc.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would extremely love to be and have wanted to for 4 years. I sincerely hope I get it and can prove how well of an admin I can be.

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Ernst Kaltenbrunner - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 06:14:36 PM »
In order for your application to continue, you'll need to change your name and your Steam profile image from your current one.

Hades

Offline Darth Sion ass niBBa

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 03:05:12 PM »
As I've already changed my name twice so I don't get banned on various servers, I am not changing it again. I do not promote Nazism, I'm just extremely interested in Ernst Kaltenbrunner's personal life and work. If you "can't continue" with my admin application because of this that definitely sucks because I've been wanting this for years. But I understand.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 07:37:22 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (5/12/18).
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow