• March 29, 2024, 05:18:22 AM

Author Topic: An admin who did not do their job  (Read 4733 times)

Offline death2341

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
An admin who did not do their job
« on: February 07, 2018, 06:33:37 PM »
I would like to report an admin (this admin would not disclose their name) on one of your trade plaza server and the person didn’t abuse his power but on the contrary (the person did not say their gender so I will say he for the remainder of this report) he did not stop the herasment of 2 individuals to another all the admin said was watch your profanity and no warning the 2 individuals were the first one I cannot remember but the second one was ck something and they said they were only joking and did not say anything after I said anything after I went on the side of the person being harassed was a person named shield and his pic was a real person I have seen a few other admins I have seen kept the server in check the server was in check besides the 3 people and he did not warn to kick eather of them hope to have a response from an admin or the owner of this club

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: An admin who did not do their job
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 06:43:50 PM »
Hello!
Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. There really isn't too much to go off of with this staff report, but linking us to any steam profiles involved would help a lot. Could you explain to me what exactly happened to one of the players for it to be considered "harassment"?
Lastly, please keep in mind that admins are humans too, and that from what you say he did at least give a warning, but no further action. Maybe to them it wasn't worth punishing over, or they were AFK while it was happening.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline death2341

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 08:08:32 PM »
thx i will try and get the shield person and the admin was fully aware (by that i mean he heard everything as soon as i joined the server it was already happening) because he was doing the white messages on the top of the screen i will still continue to talk to you and if my steam name is not posted my name is death2341 and if you want to talk more and personally thx for again responding 

Offline death2341

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 10:13:40 PM »
the person was called sheildboy81 or http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198069192090

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 11:10:25 PM »
the person was called sheildboy81 or http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198069192090

This individual is not apart of our current nor past administration team and has also never applied for a server administration position at SwapShop. Now you did mention the admin text that will appear in white. I take it that the text was along the lines of the following:

Admin: Friendly Fire Enabled for 60 Seconds

or

Admin: Friendly Fire disabled

If so, those messages are automatically triggered by our shop plugin item( Friendly Fire 60 Seconds) being purchased. If those are not the messages that you saw, please let us know as well.

Hades

Offline death2341

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 01:04:50 PM »
the person i showed was the person who got herased and if you wanted the name of the admin like he said he said he did not show his name, plus the text on the top of the screen was different from the store (I've been on your servers for some time and friendly fire has been shown many many times)
the messages said Admin: pls don't, don't use ageism, hey wuts up when one of my friends wanted to talk to him for something
hope to see another reply and thx again for replying as well

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 03:38:19 PM »
Could you please provide the following information?

1. What server did this take place on?
2. At around what time of the day did this occur?
AFK like JFK

Offline Gawain

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Professional Child Wrangler
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 04:45:14 PM »
I was the administrator, I think. If this is the situation I'm thinking of, I received your harassment report and joined immediately. The guy was being kind of a dick, but not in any way that broke rules. I told him in Csay to not make fun of people for their age, which he obliged, and then I hung around for about ten minutes. After such time as I thought things had sorted themselves out I left. I doled out no punishments, and delivered one warning.

It is swapshop administrative standard to always warn someone before issuing any kind of chat-related punishment. After my ageism warning, I had found that the reported player had not broken any other rules. Remember, being an ass isn't against the rules, being offensive is. 
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and feel obligated to inform you it is on fire."

-Ser Fergus

Gawain's not so og theme

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 03:54:10 AM »
With it being, at time of writing, 4 days since a response, this topic is hereby locked. If you would like to continue with the staff report please make a new one.

Hades
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 04:56:00 AM by Hades »