• April 19, 2024, 05:50:02 PM

Author Topic: «LoC» Virus Alpha V|C|S - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5662 times)

Offline Narrator Alpha

• Virus Alpha
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
«LoC» Virus Alpha V|C|S - Game Server Admin Application
« on: February 16, 2018, 06:50:23 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Zerker and all the old admins of swapshop

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Mountain time zone

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Was admin for a while and got fired, but you know all of that

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I went on swapshop, there was just general cancer, Aimbots, mic spammers, and other junk, i want to help swapshop right now, with all thats going on i dont want to see this server go down

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
ill spend hours at a time like always

B. On the forums?
like an hour or 2 a day

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
1 year about 7 months

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
| steamname: «LoC» Virus Alpha V|C|S
|  steam3ID: [U:1:149745752]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:74872876
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198110011480
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ValAlpha
|  steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198110011480

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
All alts are dead, i cant log into them

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Ive been alot calmer this past few months, but just general annoyances have really effected me to get a little mad but thats it, and i just dealt with the annoyance

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I try to be the fun loving virus, but when the seriousness needs to be brought out ill show it, and ill prove that i can be serious

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Make a warning to tell him to stop, if he doesn't 30 min gag, then if 2nd offence then 1 hour, and so on

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Politly ask the group to not make the comments towards the player and ask the player how he see's the comments offensive to ensure he isnt jut trying to get them muted first if its not obvious its insulting

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warning, a second warning if continues, then a mute for 30+ min

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report it to head admin or to the god of death him self

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Check the server and watch the player, make sure he hasn't bought a perk then continue the report from there if he is hacking or isn't find out the problem

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Send a warning to the user who is threatening, and polity ask the other player(s) if they are provoking the regular user to stop  

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Wouldn't care, i'd play the game as normal

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Tell the player to stop spamming and mute/gag if need to

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn the player and keep an eye on them the next time i see them

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Ill tell them sorry and that i cant do anything about it

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Any possible way to gain an advantage over a group or a type of people

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel like if i were to be an admin again that i can help the server more than i ever did after almost being gone for a year

Offline Skeleton

• Swapshops Duck Wrangler
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: «LoC» Virus Alpha V|C|S - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 11:29:17 PM »
K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Any possible way to gain an advantage over a group or a type of people

Nice work on your app so far, i only have one question,

What do you mean by "A type of people?"

Offline Narrator Alpha

• Virus Alpha
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 12:09:44 AM »
"a type of people" like moderators, admins, vips, and the regular people of the servers, or the casual f2p's that join, basically just to gain advantage of players on the servers
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 12:11:24 AM by «LoC» Virus Alpha V|C|S »

Offline Narrator Alpha

• Virus Alpha
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 04:46:45 PM »
And since no one is really replying, ill add 1 more thing, if you dont want me back, thats fine, i just want to support the servers all i can, you know my past, you know who i am, but 1 more thing, ive changed alot since the time i was admin, i no longer gamble, i might to a small bet, or something fun like that, i will keep my sign business to a minimum on all swapshop servers, to clarify things a little bit since those were my old problems when you last seen me, ill always be loyal to swapshop servers and try my best to keep them clean, and to make them as non-toxic for the players of team fortress 2, hopefully this helps a little bit.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 10:49:05 PM »
And since no one is really replying, ill add 1 more thing, if you dont want me back, thats fine, i just want to support the servers all i can, you know my past, you know who i am, but 1 more thing, ive changed alot since the time i was admin, i no longer gamble, i might to a small bet, or something fun like that, i will keep my sign business to a minimum on all swapshop servers, to clarify things a little bit since those were my old problems when you last seen me, ill always be loyal to swapshop servers and try my best to keep them clean, and to make them as non-toxic for the players of team fortress 2, hopefully this helps a little bit.

I have been busy this week taking care of personal issues, so I am only able to post here now.

I say this with the utmost sincerity:

I am uncomfortable with how you worded your post. In no way have you assured us that if you were to be reinstated, that you would not go back to your old ways. I will not go into detail about your demotion as you and I are both already aware of the reasons for it. I will, however, say this, and I mean it with all due respect: I do not think you have proven to us that you are capable of another chance. You had promised me multiple times before your demotion that you would cease your actions. Despite what you promised, you still went behind my and Hades's backs and you only stopped briefly when confronted. And even now, you still have a ton of inappropriate signs in your inventory. And the fact that you say you are only willing to keep the sign business at a "minimum" does not bode well for us.

Whatever the outcome is, I wish you luck in the rest of this week.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:07:29 PM by seereeus beeznizz »
AFK like JFK

Offline Narrator Alpha

• Virus Alpha
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 02:01:33 AM »
I understand the concern, im just looking to help swapshop, trust me or not is up to you, if i do come back ill only be working, ill be keeping trading on other servers, the toxicity of players were a concern, even after i reported a spin hacker and several mic spammers, no one came, i had to request an admin to get on the server to take care of it, if i do get the chance to come back ill show that i can fix the problems that have been reported, but if you dont want me back thats fine, i know ive been a pain to deal with, and fully understand if you dont want me back, this is only a request to help the servers, a way to keep players coming to swapshop, but if the staff doesn't want me back then thats finial, this is up to the staff take your time on this, but keep in mind that ill deal with the reports as they come, i want to help all i can

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 12:39:21 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (5/23/18).

Hades