• April 18, 2024, 10:21:32 PM

Author Topic: [Guideline Suggestion] Rule Against Players Crashing the Servers  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
I've noticed recently that a lot of regulars tend to gather players together in one area of the map on a few servers. They would then have someone buy Sumo Chaos (the perk that turns everyone into giants) and then they would have the players switch to Medic and spam their crossbows at a giant player. This would then cause all the needle prop models to stick to that player which in turn causes the server to lag and eventually crash. Last night, I had to slay the entire red team on server #35 immediately as soon as I realized what they were trying to do. I did not call a vote beforehand because they would've voted no for the slay and the server would've crashed within seconds. We already got DDoSed a few days ago so I figured having players intentionally crash one of our populated servers would piss off Death.

I am suggesting a rule against purposefully crashing the servers because one of the players on red team asked why the admin slayed them when they weren't breaking the rules. Even though other players figured it out and explained the reason to that player, I feel like we should still clear it up.
AFK like JFK

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: [Guideline Suggestion] Rule Against Players Crashing the Servers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 07:34:36 PM »
This suggestion has been implemented.

Topic locked.
AFK like JFK

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: [Guideline Suggestion] Rule Against Players Crashing the Servers
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 07:41:36 PM »
The only punishment necessary if this rule is broken should be a kick, followed by a warning. Any temp bans (that should only last an hour) should be a last resort if a player(s) continues to do the exploit.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow