• March 28, 2024, 08:44:30 AM

Author Topic: Book Simon - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Book Simon

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Book Simon - Game Server Admin Application
« on: March 21, 2018, 06:51:21 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Psykotic,Hades,Reno

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I haven't had any, except for a discord server, but all i do is just keep people in check.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
The reason i want to hold this position is because i'm sick and tired of seeing people getting away with breaking the rules. The fact that some people leave before they can get punished for their actions annoys me and i want to fix it.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Almost 24/7

B. On the forums?
24/7

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
About 8 years

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Alittle bit of german, but that's it.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2FDiemonkeyyoudontbelonginthismeme%2F

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I can't...really recall anytime.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider my strengths  to be "Reasonable, kind" my weaknesses "Arrogant"

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 3
  • Polite: 4
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 2
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 10
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Warn them to stop, if they continue, i will gag them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Politely and calmly...tell them its just a game.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Tell them that Micspamming is not allowed and continuing to do so will result in a mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Take evidence of them  exploiting their abilities.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask the person who sent the report if they bought/rolled something called 'Increase speed" If they did i would tell them it's a plugin, if the persons actually speedhacking i would ban them from the server.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell them that admin impersonation is not allowed and it will result in a kick, if repeatly doing it will result in a ban.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would...just deal with it and try to fight back and not get pissed off.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Will mute them if they start screaming into the mic, if they call me an asshole...well i wont care.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the person who they're offering that it's a scam and not to do it.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That i have no control over that..?

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Using your powers to get an unfair advantage over other players who just want to play the game.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Feeling positive about it.

Offline Skeleton

• Swapshops Duck Wrangler
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Book Simon - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 08:15:56 PM »

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I consider my strengths  to be "Reasonable, kind" my weaknesses "Arrogant"

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Polite: 4

Why do you rate yourself so low when being polite, but say one of your strengths is being kind?

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Book Simon - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 08:16:21 PM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that your application does not meet certain requirements at the moment:
  • You cannot have a bad reputation on our servers because of bans, mutes, gags, etc. enacted approximately within the last 6 months (exact duration depends on severity of the initial punishment).
If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after you meet our application requirements ( http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=107.0 ) in 6 months from today.

We also highly encourage you to use that time to further revise and improve upon your application.

Hades