• March 29, 2024, 07:51:41 AM

Author Topic: Mr. Mango's Ban Appeal  (Read 4212 times)

Offline ⇋BiLL⇌

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Mr. Mango's Ban Appeal
« on: March 22, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »
Hi there, I am Mr. Mango. I recently had been banned from swapshop for crashing swapshop 35 about 3 times. However I was not given any warning by any admins. Since swapshop 35 is my favorite server to be on I would have stopped if an admin warned me. But I never recieved a warning. Also after that people also accused me of the random crashes that happened afterwards even though someone in chat said it was crashing randomly before I joined or got online to steam. I am sincerly sorry for my actions and promise to never try and crash the server again. You have my word if you see me crash the server you may ban me forever however swapshop is one of my favorite tf2 community servers and I would hate to be permanently banned from it since I met so many great and amazing people. Hopefully you guys can unban me. Thank you for your time.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Mr. Mango's Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 07:15:32 PM »
  • Do not use any in-game exploits that would harm, lag or crash the server.
It is clearly against our guidelines to intentionally crash one of our servers.
Why did you decide to do so?
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 01:47:41 PM »
Crashing a server is as bad, if not worse, than hacking on the server. You shouldn't need to be warned to stop harming the server by intentionally crashing it.
AFK like JFK

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 09:38:24 PM »
Crashing a server is as bad, if not worse, than hacking on the server. You shouldn't need to be warned to stop harming the server by intentionally crashing it.

Agreed.

Hacker: Joins an active server and exploits the game with a massive advantage over players who just get very annoyed.

Crashing the Server: There isn't even a server for ANYONE to play on. Hell, you've made it unfair for the hacker.

It shouldn't require a warning to stop harming the reputation and play-ability of SwapShops servers. Let alone one of its most popular ones.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 04:21:34 AM »
As I previously stated, intentionally crashing one of our servers is as bad as, if not worse than hacking on one of our servers. Unfortunately, we will have to deny your ban appeal.
AFK like JFK