• March 28, 2024, 11:55:36 PM

Author Topic: Hi. - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4333 times)

Offline KBz | Hi.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Hi. - Game Server Admin Application
« on: April 24, 2018, 09:43:01 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I don’t know who are the admins are in this server due to the reason that no one told me who is, but I heard that sixteen used to be an admin.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
The central zone

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I’m an admin on a KBz Turbine server and I’m active everyday on that server. I usually join this server and join the turbine server to check things out and hang out as well. I usually don’t join the server if no one is on, so I just wait for some people on that server.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to join this community cause it’s cool to see people hang out and stuff, and I also find some hackers and report to you or the admins online. I want to help this server and I don’t want to abuse that server, but I want to keep it safe from hackers.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Almost or basically everyday depending if there are people on the server

B. On the forums?
I check mostly everyday to see what’s going on and reply to some other people’s applications

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I played almost everyday, but sometimes maybe due to homework or going on to my turbine server to check things out or hang out there.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Asian language, but I don’t want to be really specific so it’s classified.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
I don’t know what does this question mean, so please give me an example or tell me what it means.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
This is my alt account here, but I have a main account here https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198339825479/

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I get scared when I don’t know what to do about this when the owner or admins never told me how to handle it for example, kicking friendlies because that there’s useless teammates and it’s the rules, but the owner said you can’t kick any friendlies.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
When I’m talking in a low voice, or in a bad mood. Or just don’t talk

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would give them warnings to stop being racist, and if they keep doing it, I’ll kick due to being racist

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
telling them to give me reasons why that player is offending you. And if it keeps going on, then I’ll call the other admins to help me out with this situation, or going to the racists part and kick due to being racist

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I mute them and then tell them to stop micspamming and if they keep on going, I would perma mute (if you guys have one) or kick due to micspamming

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Inform the owner or other admins that are trsustworthy about their powers and I from them about it and see from there.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would call the admins to make sure that he isn’t hacking, or just trolling us or I can spec him to make sure that isn’t hacking and judge it myself

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell them that it isn’t the rules about, and if they don’t care, I’ll inform the admins or owner about it and see it from there.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I’ll ask why are you killing me only me and if they want to troll, I’ll just leave it alone or try to kill those players back, and if their hackers, then I’ll ban.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I’ll tell him to stop, and if he keeps goin on, I’ll gag him if I have that power

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would guess that it’s possibly a scam, and will tell everyone on the server that it’s a scam and kick him due to trying to scam everyone

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
To calm down and it’s just a game, don’t worry. And if he keeps complaining on mic or chat I’ll mute or gag.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
When someone is using their powers to destroy their enemy team for either killing everyone, giving them powers, etc

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would be okay because since I’m and admin on another server, I know what to do on those servers, and handle those in need for help on the server

Offline KBz | Hi.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Hi. - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 10:14:53 PM »
12. If your talking about where I got accepted as an admin herehttp://www.kbzgaming.com/threads/admin-application.2411/ I started of as a moderator and soon got promoted to admin

Offline KBz | Hi.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 10:15:53 PM »
12. If your talking about where I got accepted as an admin here http://www.kbzgaming.com/threads/admin-application.2411/ I started of as a moderator and soon got promoted to admin

Offline KBz | Hi.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 11:33:28 PM »
Please actually deny this application guys sorry because I just realized that it’s for ages 16+ only.Sorry Guys. 😅

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 12:19:38 AM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that your application does not meet certain requirements at the moment:

• You must be at least 16 years old.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after you meet our application requirements.

We also highly encourage you to use that time to further revise and improve upon your application.

Hades