• April 25, 2024, 02:30:02 AM

Author Topic: Crack Man - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4850 times)

Offline Crack Man

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Crack Man - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 21, 2018, 01:14:10 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
All of the current staff members that I have ties with and know are, NotAliasing BlapBash 2018, Shh, and RenoRaider.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time Zone

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Currently none, I am trying to get into this field of becoming an admin for a few months now.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold the title of admin because I want to moderate and enforce server rules on those not being somewhat annoying, I want to create a fun environment where those in the server can enjoy, and most importantly, STOP PAN SPAM.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
A several hours every couple of days, but on the weekends, probably a higher, more substantial amount of time, or whenever I am ingame.

B. On the forums?
I would probably spend just an hour every few days browsing the forums.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I would imagine that I have played on Swap Servers for quite some time, but as of this application, I only began recently start to be dedicated to the servers as my main server(s).

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I do not.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198170043531

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I have no alternate accounts.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
A time in where I have lost control over my emotions would be when I was going through tough moments with my ex, over a period of time she lost interest in me, but I had not in her. We eventually broke up and I was hurt, I cried over her and I do not cry over puppy love, but overtime I was healed and my coping method was simply time and patience. Over the course of time I moved on from her with a newfounded knowledge.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My personality strengths would be my humor, my unique attitude, and my helpfulness to those in need. My weaknesses would be that I sometimes joke around more than I need to, I can slack, and I can be somewhat lazy.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would say "No slurs or offensive comments." and if they were to keep doing so, they would be muted for 30min.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
If the players remarks don't break any of the server rules, then I will not do anything, but keep watch on the situation and make sure it doesn't spiral out of control.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would warn them not to micspam. If they still micspam, they will be muted.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will gather evidence that this admin is exploiting his powers and I will submit it to my higher ups.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I will investigate the report and watch the player to see if he is actually using hacks or it is just a RTD command.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the user not to impersonate and then ban him for a period of time.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Try to kill the players, but not exploiting my admin abilities.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them not to micspam, and I will tell them, "If this server is ass, and I am an asshole, then you can leave, nobody is stopping you bud."

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will ban the player for a substancial amount of time for scamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the player that he/she don't complain when someone kills you with the perk that you bought for the server.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Admin abuse is when an admin uses his/hers power to gain a serious advantage over another player, admin abuse is also when an admin is unfairly punishes a player for simply having more skill or wit than the admin.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
My feeling towards becoming a Server admin are confident. If I become an admin, I will be professional when I need to be, I will be fair, fun, and a good damn admin.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Crack Man - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 09:12:08 PM »
15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My personality strengths would be my humor, my unique attitude, and my helpfulness to those in need.
What about your attitude do you consider unique?

My weaknesses would be that I sometimes joke around more than I need to, I can slack, and I can be somewhat lazy.
How much do you believe this will affect you and your role?

Good luck in the coming week!
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Crack Man

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 01:27:34 AM »
The personality trait that I consider unique is that I can pretty open and showing players a little of my extraversion.

I believe that it will not severly inpact my role as an admin, I will perform my duties as the Game Server Admin with fairness and with a dutiful attitude when I need to be dutiful.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 03:52:09 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (October 28, 2018).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
AFK like JFK