• March 28, 2024, 05:11:58 AM

Author Topic: InspiredAres47 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4257 times)

Offline Toby

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
InspiredAres47 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 28, 2018, 05:54:35 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Hot, Gay, and a Furry | trade.tf

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Greenwich Mean Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
yes im what you would call an Admin in real life i am boss of a very tiny company

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
well i see alot of people being jerks to one another espaiclly to the people i consider my family, its to help my freinds but to also help others in need of any situations, and plus it means that i can be relyed on.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
im on my game for 1 week then have to be gone another week due to work, so yeah about week

B. On the forums?
i havent gotten that far yet mabye not that much time

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
oh god um mabye at least um yeah 2 years

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
no

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
dont have any steam rep

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
none

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
none im a cool guy, yeah sure i can get mad, but not to the point i want to abuse powers

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
my personality is sombody u can talk to if ur feeling down, im caring and giving, my most weakest personailty is not able to understand people in someways, but other then those ways i understand them

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 1
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
i would tell them to stop for judging others by the way they look, i love all races

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
if they are offensive to someone i would talk to the person that ths group offended and then talk to the others and see how it went down as well, then we can come to a reasonable solution

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
i would ask them pls stop mic spamming, other players wish to play without all the nosie

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
i will tell the higherups on this situation and let them deal with it

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
im going to make sure they stop or tehy need to get off the server and stop ruining the fun.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
i will correct them and if they do it again ill take the option of either kicking him or trying to come to a reasonable solution

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
say eh i dont care im okay with it

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
if it mic spamming and they are doing so they need to e dealt with im okay with being called an asshole its not the first time, but it they are doing it to others then thats a diffrent story

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
i will see if this person is an admin or not or tell anyone on the server he is a scammer.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
u couldve been at low health, and they happen to kill you you need to calm down

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
admin abuse
people who use are power hungry to the power they are given

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
i feel like i would make a great admin because i know people can depend on me to do something for them, and i will do my best to help, but if it abuses my powers no im not going to

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: InspiredAres47 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 08:59:29 PM »
Hello, thank you for taking the time and interest into applying at TF2SwapShop!  ;D

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
yes im what you would call an Admin in real life i am boss of a very tiny company

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly does the company do?

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 04:18:38 PM »
Since you did not reply to our staff's questions within 3 days, your application has been temporarily suspended.

We encourage you to reactivate your application by replying to the questions our staff have asked on your application within the next 5 days.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 07:40:24 PM by Psyk0tik »

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 01:50:01 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (October 10th/2018).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.