• March 28, 2024, 11:28:03 PM

Author Topic: Why is there a whole 1 month of training then a short quiz to be a mod  (Read 7787 times)

Offline admin is gay

• Banned Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Jesus christ lads thats a lot of fuckin dedication to end up doing the same thing you were doing before, playing tf2, to playing tf2 "professionally". What do i put on my resume when im applying to Dave and Busters? "Became a mod of a small community driven team fortress 2 server after a month of training/jacking off and can successfully punish 9 year olds with a d m i n p r i v e l a g e s"?

Alls im saying is that there really is no good pay for this job and the benefits really suck. There's no dental included, which Lunarium could really fuckin use. Theres like 4 posts here, so the site is also a ghost town. If you guys can offer me maybe 50k/year (which is a bargain since the cost of living in Montreal is crazy) ill maybe join the crew. I can do some remote work or if you guys got an office im down to drive there assuming its not located in Ontario, due to traffic reasons. I've done Leetcode for maybe 4 hours per month so im definitely ready for whatever you guys got, and im a good team member. I can easily withhold any racist slurs or homophobia for 6 hours easy, maybe 7 if i can drink on the job.

Thanks for considering. I will upload my resume as well.

Offline Gawain

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Professional Child Wrangler
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
>Montreal

I think I understand why you're so snarky.

La France suce vraiment!

Edit: Your resume is bad. And that's not me joking, it's genuinely not very good. Do you have a cover letter to go with it? Also, citing your email as "[email protected]" is pretty unprofessional. 

Also, you didn't cite any references. This resume as it stands would not fly in a high tier professional environment.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 06:54:38 PM by Pyrrha Nikos »
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and feel obligated to inform you it is on fire."

-Ser Fergus

Gawain's not so og theme

Offline Fuzzy Fire'chu | trade.tf

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • What state is the best at rap? Flo-rida! HAHAHAHA!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
The way I see it, we're all just volunteers to help out a community group. The professionalism is there to make sure we do a good job being admins and hopefully create a better environment for the players. I've never considered this a "job" of any sort. If I didn't enjoy doing it, I wouldn't be doing it at all.

But training takes too long.
You and I agree on that.

Christ
Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want to watch the world burn, well... I can help you there.                   

Offline Jex

• That one weeb who likes the centaur girl
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • Centorea Shianus best waifu.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
the training picks out the 'i wanna screw up the lives of the players i dont like' players from the 'i genuinely want to help this community' players, thus, why we have the long training time and quiz

At least, thats how i, as a recently enlisted admin here, think of it.

Offline admin is gay

• Banned Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
>Montreal

I think I understand why you're so snarky.

La France suce vraiment!

Edit: Your resume is bad. And that's not me joking, it's genuinely not very good. Do you have a cover letter to go with it? Also, citing your email as "[email protected]" is pretty unprofessional. 

Also, you didn't cite any references. This resume as it stands would not fly in a high tier professional environment.

using truetiming as a coverup since i dont want you guys to email my official work email. Also, what ya expect if i just graduated with a BS in compsci and minimal internships? I can link you my github if you want for side projects if you want to see my qualifications for the job

Offline admin is gay

• Banned Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
the training picks out the 'i wanna screw up the lives of the players i dont like' players from the 'i genuinely want to help this community' players, thus, why we have the long training time and quiz

At least, thats how i, as a recently enlisted admin here, think of it.

if i join as admin can i hit on other admins? I was thinking of a few qt3.14 admins here i could try and get something on, but i think i have a good chance with that gay furry.

Offline admin is gay

• Banned Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
The way I see it, we're all just volunteers to help out a community group. The professionalism is there to make sure we do a good job being admins and hopefully create a better environment for the players. I've never considered this a "job" of any sort. If I didn't enjoy doing it, I wouldn't be doing it at all.

You and I agree on that.

Christ

a/s/l?

Offline Gawain

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Professional Child Wrangler
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile

You and I agree on that.

Christ

a/s/l?

At least buy him dinner first.
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and feel obligated to inform you it is on fire."

-Ser Fergus

Gawain's not so og theme

Offline admin is gay

• Banned Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile

You and I agree on that.

Christ

a/s/l?

At least buy him dinner first.

hey could i be an admin? i fit the criteria and my mute/gag record is pretty clean

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
I find it disgustingly sad the amount of time and dedication you take out of your day as a "professional intellectual" as you seem to portray yourself here.

Your punishments were all justified. Your temporary ban also came with a fairly good reason.

To take the time to comment on my profile, change your name around as you'd please with the intention of getting yourself in trouble is what shocks me. I know people like to waste their time to shit on someone else's day but god damn.

This "job" as you call it, is a volunteered hobby. It's what I enjoy doing when I am available to give some of my free time. It's nothing to do with having a power/superiority complex.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
This community does not need players like you. Go apply somewhere else.
AFK like JFK

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Quote from: SteamRep
| steamname: Truetiming
|  steam3ID: [U:1:202103006]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:101051503
| steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198162368734
| customURL:
|  steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198162368734

Quote from: Logs Of Administrator Luna's Actions
L 07/01/2018 - 16:23:35: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_say (text You were not wrongfully muted. You were warned serveral tims to quit antagonizing a player)
L 07/01/2018 - 16:23:42: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_say (text times*)
L 07/01/2018 - 16:27:29: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_say (text You just justified your first mute, and then you said I'm wrongful?)
L 07/01/2018 - 16:27:37: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_say (text Way to contradict yourself)
L 07/01/2018 - 16:29:58: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_say (text I'm now putting in place your first and only warning. Enough)
L 07/01/2018 - 16:32:04: [sbpp_comms.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" gagged "Truetiming<1897><[U:1:202103006]><>" (minutes "60") (reason "Antagonizing players and myself after punishment")
L 07/01/2018 - 16:32:19: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_say (text Player TrueTiming has been restricted of text chat)
L 07/01/2018 - 16:39:52: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_say (text Please don't micspam)
L 07/01/2018 - 16:39:52: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_csay (text Please don't micspam)
L 07/01/2018 - 16:40:09: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_say (text Unfortunately map exploits are not against the rules)
L 07/01/2018 - 16:47:54: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_say (text Please don't use racial/homophobic slurs)
L 07/01/2018 - 16:47:54: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_csay (text Please don't use racial/homophobic slurs)
L 07/01/2018 - 16:48:46: [playercommands.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" renamed "Lunarium likes little boys<1907><[U:1:202103006]><>" to "TrueTiming")
L 07/01/2018 - 17:01:30: [playercommands.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" renamed "Lunarium likes little boys<1920><[U:1:202103006]><>" to "TrueTiming")
L 07/01/2018 - 17:02:30: [playercommands.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" renamed "Luna likes little kids<1922><[U:1:202103006]><>" to "TrueTiming")
L 07/01/2018 - 17:03:39: [sbpp_main.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" banned "admin is gay<1924><[U:1:202103006]><>" (minutes "30") (reason "Changing names to continue to harass")
L 07/01/2018 - 17:03:47: [basechat.smx] "ϟ ☠Lunarium☠<1890><[U:1:95297203]><>" triggered sm_say (text Player true timing has been banned)

Our Administrator here, Lunarium, not only demonstrated restraint but also displayed their dedication to our community. You were given plenty of warnings as stated by Luna and can be clearly seen in the logs presented above. I have thoroughly reviewed everything that was provided by Luna in his post. I didn't look at your "resume" because it is more than likely nothing serious.

The Personal message you sent to Lunarium has made your intentions clear not only to Lunarium, but to me as well. Your actions are so deplorable and to the utmost level of harassment towards our staff that I am permanently banning you from our community servers. You will not be banned from our forums as an act of good faith that you might one day change your behavior and be allowed to appeal this ban, HOWEVER, If I see or find out that you have continued in your harassment to any of our staff, I will not hesitate to take further action upon you not just in this community, but to Steam as well.

Hades

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 12:01:44 AM by Hades »