• April 18, 2024, 09:41:42 PM

Author Topic: MimikyuJoe03 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4034 times)

Offline MimikyuJoe03

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
MimikyuJoe03 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 22, 2018, 01:32:58 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
SneakyFadoraMan
Gay Hot and a Furry, used to be fuzzy firechu (that's literally his name, if not he changed it)
Magic Marksman

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern US

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
NA

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to make the swap shop experience more enjoyable for others

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Quite a bit
Available almost every afternoon if not busy

B. On the forums?
I can probably check them every day or every other day

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Not exactly sure
i think about a year

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
Idk what a steam rep is to be honest

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
No alternative accounts

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
One time i got very annoyed with someone arguing with me over a topic (i forgot what about) and then i simply muted him because he wouldn't stop even when i ignored it.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Patient, reasonable,  generally kind, honest

Generally anti social

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 5
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 4
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask kindly to stop giving them a warning

if they don't stop issue a mute

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Tell them that they have the option to mute them in the escape menu. However if it is harassment kindly ask them to stop with their remarks and if not issue a temp mute

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Mute after a warning, generally they won't hear the warning

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
screenshot them and report them to the forum and ask for assistance from a user in a higher position

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Ask for proof and if it is given kick him from the server (or ban if possible).

If proof isn't given quietly spectate him until he is proven in the right or guilty.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Inform the victim that the other user has no power to do so and explain the rules to them as well so they don't follow his false rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Sit in spawn and dance or hope for a good rtd and get revenge (the tf2 term not revenge revenge)

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Tell them they don't have to stay on this server and there are many other servers on tf2, also suggest to players to mute the user for being toxic.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn everyone that it's a scam

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Wait and buy it again if you enjoy it so much, donating can also result in getting you bonus credits and typing !credits gets you 100 free credits

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
The action of people that are given power to use it against people with less power to aggravate them or generally ruin their fun

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I hope i can be one and i hope it works out

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: MimikyuJoe03 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 02:12:36 PM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that your application does not meet certain requirements at the moment:

• You must be at least 16 years old.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after you meet our Application Requirements.

We also highly encourage you to use that time to further revise and improve upon your application.