• April 28, 2024, 03:14:23 PM

Author Topic: 水上 麻衣 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5565 times)

Offline 「Neko」

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
水上 麻衣 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 27, 2015, 06:48:17 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Greenwich Mean Time Zone (UTC+00:00)

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have had experience being an admin on multiple other source games such as Garry's Mod, on Sandbox servers etc.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wish to make the servers of TF2SS a better place for everybody, as of late I've seen a lot of hate on the severs, profanity being thrown around everywhere, and to be honest it doesn't make the server a very nice place to be. I wish to resolve that issue as I feel it isn't addressed enough.

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
Any free time I have will almost certainly be put into these servers. As many of my friends play on these servers and love them, I'll be on whenever I can should I get to become an admin. I'd like to be as useful as possible.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I would say approximately two to three months, on and off with my friends when we were looking for somewhere to play.

9. List a reputation thread here (if you have one, it may be simple as your steamrep url):

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
Well, once I did lose control when somebody was insulting me and my friend based on our sexuality, gender, you name it, they were trying to make us feel bad about it. I got into a massive argument with them which lead to me leaving the server as I saw no point in continuing to argue.

12. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 9

13. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I'd ask them kindly to stop as racist slurs are extremely unnecessary, but if he didn't then I'd gag/mute him for an extended period (10 minutes) and then unmute/ungag him. If he'd calmed down I'd let him continue as normal, but if not I'd kick him. If he came back, for repeatedly ignoring the admin I'd ban him for around 25 minutes.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I'd try to see it from the person who was being offended's point of view. If I personally don't get offended by a racist word, for example, I'd look at it from their point of view; does the racist word insult their race or ethnicity? If so I'd try and resolve the issue by silencing the people saying the offending words for a period of time whilst I explained to them why what they were doing was wrong and that they need to stop. If they didn't then stop when I unsilenced them I'd ask them to leave or be kicked.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I'd gag them so they couldn't play the song and then give them a reminder of the rules and the consequences of not following them. Then I'd ungag them so they could continue talking normally on their mic if they wished, but if they didn't, I'd kick them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report them to higher staff and warn them of the fact I have reported them to a higher-up and that they should stop.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would look through the servers to see if I could find anyone complaining of a speedhacker and then explain to the offender that hacks aren't allowed on TF2SS and if he wants to remain a user of the server he should read the rules and stop using hacks to gain an unfair advantage over other players. If he didn't do as I said I'd ban him for a few days so he can remove his hacks and if he intends to, rejoin as a normal player.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Explain to the regular user that is threatening the other player that I'm an admin and I can say those rules don't exist, and that he shouldn't be impersonating an admin anyways. If he apologised and ceased to impersonate an admin and state people should follow rules that don't exist, I'd let him off with a warning. If he continued I'd kick him and then if he rejoined and started up again I'd ban him for 30 minutes.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
At first I'd ask them politely to stop and explain that what they're doing is unfair, but afterwards I'd likely lose my patience with them and enable godmode to stop them killing me, but I'd never fight back; not with godmode enabled. That would be unfair.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I'd gag them so they would stop screaming and swearing over the mic, possibly hurting people's ears, and explain to them that they need to stop acting like such a child or they risk being silenced for an extended period. If they don't stop insulting people in chat then I'd silence them. After a while I'd unsilence them and if they agreed to stop acting like that then I'd let them play.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I'd explain to everyone else on the server that the person is lying and that he's a regular player; you can tell due to the fact his text doesn't have colour to it. I'd then ask him politely to stop and if he agreed to, I'd let it go. But if he didn't stop, I'd ban him for trade scamming.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I'd tell them that I apologise but that's just the game and if you're not prepared to play it, then you should just leave. Although, if I have credits to spare, I would give them some to let them purchase their shop item again, especially if their death was unfair.

Offline daze

• Weeabo trash
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Forums Junkie
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: 水上 麻衣 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 12:17:17 PM »
9. List a reputation thread here (if you have one, it may be simple as your steamrep url):
http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Fkittykittynyanya%2F

We don't allow private profiles.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I'd gag them so they couldn't play the song and then give them a reminder of the rules and the consequences of not following them. Then I'd ungag them so they could continue talking normally on their mic if they wished, but if they didn't, I'd kick them.
Just saying, gag is for chat, mute is for mic.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I'd explain to everyone else on the server that the person is lying and that he's a regular player; you can tell due to the fact his text doesn't have colour to it. I'd then ask him politely to stop and if he agreed to, I'd let it go. But if he didn't stop, I'd ban him for trade scamming.
False, VIP players could have color, so could Admins. But in the end, regardless of player, he shouldn't be allowed to do that.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I'd tell them that I apologise but that's just the game and if you're not prepared to play it, then you should just leave. Although, if I have credits to spare, I would give them some to let them purchase their shop item again, especially if their death was unfair.
That's sweet <3

I like your application, I'd recommend looking over a few things though :P <3
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 08:30:57 PM by カンチョー | Kancho »
One ought to experience loneliness at least once or twice in life. You have to experience it. The idea of being chained to another person without reprieve is far more abnormal and disquieting. One has no choice but to learn about loneliness. I’m sure some things can’t be experienced without it.

Offline Sins |Anti-Being|

• SSBL Owner/Chairman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Hello Darkness my own Friend...
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 01:56:47 PM »
Wait, Kancho.

A six for patience "worries you"?

Oh jeez.

I don't think it is a problem.
I am man who speaks in riddles, only to test your wits. My words may mean anything...

Offline daze

• Weeabo trash
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Forums Junkie
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 03:07:26 PM »
Eh, I guess you're right. I overreacted. I apologize.
One ought to experience loneliness at least once or twice in life. You have to experience it. The idea of being chained to another person without reprieve is far more abnormal and disquieting. One has no choice but to learn about loneliness. I’m sure some things can’t be experienced without it.

Offline PurpleAce

• Even bigger weeaboo trash
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 08:31:29 PM »
7. : Can you give a more approximate time like estimated hours per day?
Aside from that it looks pretty good!

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 12:39:04 PM »
http://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Fkittykittynyanya%2F

We don't allow private profiles.

Please change your profile to public otherwise your application will not be assessed.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
Your failure to make your profile public means you did not meet our requirements for assessment, and so:

Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.