• March 28, 2024, 11:52:24 AM

Author Topic: Furry Cat is using admin abuse  (Read 2927 times)

Offline Kondle

• Forum Visitor
  • I love tf2
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Furry Cat is using admin abuse
« on: April 05, 2019, 04:26:48 PM »
Today I was banned by Furry Cat for 30 minute for calling him gay. And another player called Meowmicks was killing him over and over and Furry decided to accuse him of cheating. I don't think Furry Cat is suitable and mature enough to be an admin. This mass accept of admins isn't really helping SwapShop itself but it made irresponsible players to have power over others. I think you guys should give Furry Cat a warning and train him on how to be an actual administrator instead of him handing out bans and not gags or mutes.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 04:29:04 PM by Kondle »
Kondle

Offline Meowmicks

• °
  • Forum Visitor
  • im legit i promise
    • Steam Profile
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Furry Cat is an irresponsible administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 04:36:50 PM »
Over the course of ten minutes, Furry Cat has both permamuted and banned k0ndle for 30 minutes for calling him "gay". That's it, normally you would warn the guy for being toxic, and if they continued then he'd get muted or gagged. Furry Cat clearly is not suited to be an administrator, and at the very least should be disciplined on how to properly monitor a server. Furry Cat has done nothing for this community and is now falsely banning people. This is unacceptable.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Furry Cat is using admin abuse
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 05:39:38 PM »
I know both of your stories are very similar. But can one of you explain the situation a little more in depth? In the end, a mute/gag was all that was acceptable in the situation of misconduct or harassment verbally. But getting a few more details could aid us in the future with teaching Administrators about particular situations.

Thank you for your time.

Offline Not pawky

• Server Administrator
  • Forum Visitor
  • insane cat guy
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 05:56:47 PM »
This has been discussed earlier among me and other staff including a head admin.  There had been use of the n word and homophobic slurs. 
After giving out several warnings, kondle had proceeded right after said warning to use racial and homophobic language in voice chat.  Upon being muted, which was only 60 minutes and not permanent.  Kondle started to spam game-chat.  I went to also gag him but couldn't find his user in the admin comms ban menu.  I made a temporary ban for 30 minutes as I didn't know what else to do.  Upon bringing this up, I hadn't known that sm_gag would work since I usually go by the admin menu.  In the moment I didn't know what to do and I do apologize for the ban. 

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 05:58:40 PM »
Issue resolved

Topic locked.