• March 28, 2024, 06:06:33 PM

Author Topic: -ᴛғ2ss-Cubix™ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3883 times)

Offline -ᴛғ2ss-Cubix™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
-ᴛғ2ss-Cubix™ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 20, 2018, 10:33:20 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
None. But i did know RenoRaider/-sadboy, who was once an admin. We were also good friends.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
PST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have had many experiences with many admins, most of them were trying to make the server more fun, and some of them were just doing their jobs and warning people who are breaking the rules.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
My goal in this community is to prevent hackers and scammers from coming to our servers by simply just banning them or giving them a warning.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
It depends on what situation i am in real life (School, Family Problems, etc) but in my free time i can spend usually about 2-4 Hours.

B. On the forums?
I only sometimes go to the forums so i can say about 1 Hour only.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
1 year (it might not seem like it but i had another account but it got hacked i also have 500 hours on that account)

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I'm fluent in Filipino.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
I have never been VAC banned once in my account nor have i scammed other players.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I had another account that was my main but it got hacked, i had 500 hours of tf2 on that account. ):

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I suffer from depression but i don't let that emotion show in game.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My personalities i count as strengths are; Honesty, Determined, and Pattionate.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 5
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 4
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I will either give them a warning and if they don't stop i will either kick or report them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I will tell the person that said something offensive to just stop, and if they don't stop i will either kick or mute them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I will first give them a warning then if they still don't stop i will mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report them to a moderator so that they will be restricted or be given a warning.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I will first ask for evidence and if it is false i will give them a warning for a false report, and if it is true i will either ban or give them a warning.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will give the user a warning for threatening another player and if they don't stop i will kick them.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will just switch to a different TF2SS server and simply just ignore them.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I will simply just tell them to just leave if they don't like the server and ignore his/her insults, and if they don't stop i will just kick them

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Report them or just give them a warning for scamming players.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I will just tell them to ignore them they wil stop eventually.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define it as a cruel way for admins to just have fun while the entire server just suffers.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
To be honest i feel determined because there are alot of admins who are paid by hackers to leave, but i'm not that kind of admin, i follow the rules.

Offline dumb fuck

• Forum Visitor
  • Would suck a lollipop for 40$, hmu
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: -ᴛғ2ss-Cubix™ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 01:20:41 PM »
excuse me "there are admins who are paid by hackers to leave"?
fries are good

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 02:26:53 PM »
Is this the alternate account you mentioned?

http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198297689412

Hades

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 12:04:46 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (November 28, 2018).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
AFK like JFK