• April 18, 2024, 05:17:36 PM

Author Topic: 驱逐舰 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4734 times)

Offline 驱逐舰

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
驱逐舰 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 03, 2018, 04:59:11 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
None.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
British

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I ran a large TF2 community created modded servers. More info available on request.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to help make the Mario Kart servers popular again. I used to run a very popular Mario Kart server (always full). I put mods on the server and was a good admin to the community. I'd like to try to make the Mario servers just as popular as mine used to be. If I could, I would like to experiment by running some of the old SMX SourceMod plugins I used to have on my server that were popular.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Most days for an hour, excluding busy work periods and holidays.

B. On the forums?
Can check most days.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Roughly since the start of 2018.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Fthedstryr%2F

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
None.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I'm quite calm. It was probably when I worked on a project and it all went wrong. I coped by deciding not to stress and focus on other projects.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Strengths: Logical and reasonable
Weaknesses: Waste time on minor details

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
If the offence is continuous and malicious then warn the person via chat that it is against server rules (as defined in server rules as "not acceptable" along with homophobia, sexism, etc.). If the comments persisted after a warning a kick/temporary ban should be put in place to let the player calm down.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
If I do not find the comments offensive then I would revert to server rules to see if the comments warranted action.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Initiate a warning that it is against server rules as it restricts fun for others. If the player persisted then action (kick/ban) would need to be taken.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Simply report the offending admin to an admin superior to myself.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would need proof that the user was speed hacking. Then if I saw the user was indeed hacking then I would ban the user. Hackers have no place on TF2.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Politely correct the user that they cannot ban players and should not impersonate an admin -- but they are welcome to report players via the /report function.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
This doesn't really bother me, it's all a game, afterall. If they did it to someone else though, I would probably give a warning in chat.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I don't mind people calling me an asshole! It's a game and it doesn't bother me. If the user is screaming on the mic, however, then I would treat it the same as mic spam.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Notify the user that it's against the rules and could be dangerous for them - they do not know if the other side will continue with the trade.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
That's the game!

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
A clear misuse of power that abuses or ignores server rules to suit the agenda of the admin.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would like to admin the Mario Kart servers primarily. I would like to help get them popular again because they are not as popular as they have previously been.

Offline dumb fuck

• Forum Visitor
  • Would suck a lollipop for 40$, hmu
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: 驱逐舰 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 01:09:16 AM »
don't think you can change plugins when you're admin
fries are good

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 04:04:58 AM »
It is very unlikely that the owner would give you access to the server files to use at your whim. If that is your main reason for applying, then you will just be disappointed if you are accepted. Nevertheless, if you want to keep your application up, good luck in the coming week.
AFK like JFK

Offline 驱逐舰

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 04:25:23 AM »
No worries - I thought it would be a little out of the ordinary to add additional plugins. Perhaps I can suggest a couple that worked for me.

Either way, I still would like to be able to help with the administration of the servers so hopefully.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 03:58:44 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (December 11, 2018).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
AFK like JFK