• March 28, 2024, 04:38:35 AM

Author Topic: Dmitri, Prince of Chernobyl - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Dmitri, Prince of Chernobyl

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Dmitri, Prince of Chernobyl - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 10, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I do not have any personal relations with any staff members and only know of one person who is a server admin, this is due to the fact a rarely see any admins in the servers I play on and even when I do they don't tend to show there identity.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
PST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have run my own discord which reached 30-40 people at its peak, have been admin for multiple game servers and discords, and know how to deal with people when I need to.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position because when on servers I rarely see any admins on and sometimes even if there are they don't always follow through with kicks, mutes, or bans.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will spend most of my time one the servers with around 2-5 hours depending on they day and amount of homework I get during school.

B. On the forums?
I wont spend much time on the forums as I only use them for checking rules and applying for staff, but I will spend alot of my time on the discord as well.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
The first time I played on a SwapShop server was about 2-3 years ago, I did take a break from TF2 but have recently started playing the game again.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I speak a little bit of Spanish but other than that not much, unless you mean stuff like Cyka Blyat.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
I have none of these

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
Also none of these

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
The only time I lost my emotions was when a lot of bad things happened IRL and i got depressed, however i was able to get help on discord servers and managed to get through it, nothing like that has happened since.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My best strength would be thinking logically and being able to back up what I say, the weakness would be sometimes I can get a little heated but I can usually calm myself in a short amount of time.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 4
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 7

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Warn them to stop, if they continue gag, if they continue in chat kick, if they come back and do the same thing ban, simple as that.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Ask the player to stop saying what they are saying so that everyone, or at least the majority, can have a good time playing and trading.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Tell them to be quite because nobody likes micspam, and if they continue gag them, if nobody actually cares for some reason they can continue.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report the abuse to higher ups if the admin uses their powers like that for a prolonged period of time.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would try to investigate what was happening and if I caught them speed hacking, I would give them a perma ban for being a script kitty in one of the servers

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Simply tell the player that those rules do not exist and that they shouldn't threaten another player and just report them if they think they are breaking the rules.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Nothing, I will just try my best to kill em all while still having fun in the game.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If the player annoys everyone on the server and is being a dick, they will be warned, if they continue they will be gagged, and if they make any threats to the server or its player they will get a ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
The player will probably be scamming so I personally would stop that crap right away and warn them to never do it again.  

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
If you bought it and somebody slayed you, there is nothing I can do about it unless it was an admin slaying you for no reason.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Abusing powers by mass kicking or banning, making stupid and obnoxious stuff happen for no reason, and using their powers to gain the advantage against everyone else.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel like I can 100% be a good admin on the ingame servers and believe that I can help people have a better time as well.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Dmitri, Prince of Chernobyl - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 07:01:56 PM »
AFK like JFK

Offline Fuzzy Fire'chu | trade.tf

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • What state is the best at rap? Flo-rida! HAHAHAHA!
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 01:11:29 AM »
8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position because when on servers I rarely see any admins on and sometimes even if there are they don't always follow through with kicks, mutes, or bans.
What do you mean 'follow through'?
B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Ask the player to stop saying what they are saying so that everyone, or at least the majority, can have a good time playing and trading.
What would you do if they don't stop?
Be the change you want to see in the world. If you want to watch the world burn, well... I can help you there.                   

Offline Dmitri, Prince of Chernobyl

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 05:29:14 PM »
letm e do this
What do you mean 'follow through'?
What would you do if they don't stop?
1. By follow through I mean that I sometimes see an admin who is dealing with a player not following the rules warn the player with a potential kick or ban but wont ever actually kick or ban the player, letting the player instead carry on with wasting everyone's time.
2. If the player would continue to offend most of the server and did not stop I would warn them, if they continued I would gag or kick depending on if they used voice chat or normal chat, and if they came back and continued doing what they were doing i would ban said player.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:41:52 PM by Dmitri, Prince of Chernobyl »

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 07:19:44 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (December 17, 2018).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
AFK like JFK