• March 29, 2024, 05:10:51 AM

Author Topic: techboy04gaming - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3859 times)

Offline techboy04gaming

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
techboy04gaming - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 30, 2018, 08:00:50 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I do not know any of the Staff Members.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I had some administrative experience from Minecraft Servers, Garrys Mod Servers, and Discord. So I know what to do if a player is breaking the rules.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I have heard of TF2SwapShop for awhile from being a TF2 Player, and I also hear there is some players who just like breaking the rules or just plain annoying on purpose. I feel like if I got the position, I can help administrate the servers (as I am online on my PC alot nowadays).

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I would spend as much time as possible on the servers if needed some staff. Also I am a click away on Discord and Steam.

B. On the forums?
If needed I will spend at least an hour or two on the forums each day if possible. To make sure there isnt any player reports or bug reports.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Played on the server for about 2 years.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I currently do not speak any other languages besides a bit of French

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198122270790

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I do not own any alternate accounts.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
If the person is purposely acting against the punishment and making the statement sound harder to understand than it should be.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths are players behaving and following the rules if needed. Though my only weakness is dealing with immature players who throw threats and other actions towards the staff members.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Mute the person. Being racist on purpose is not okay. If they continue from DM or anywhere else. Then I would ban them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Depending on the remarks, if it is offensive I would ask the player to stop. If its not offensive in anyway, I would ask the group of players to chill.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask everyone to stop, if they continue then I will probably completely turn off the global voice chat if possible.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would record proof of that admin and report it to the higher rank. As if I am admin aswell as the abusing admin I will probably not have the power to punish the abusing admin.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
If the report contains proof of some kind, I will punish that hacker. If its an invalid report, I will ignore the reported player and ask the person reporting them to please specify valid proof.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell that regular user, "leave the staff to it, its not your job, you can aswell get in trouble impersonating staff and threatening another user that may be innocent".

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would first ask the player, "Why are you only targeting me?" in a calmly matter. Then if they give like "unfair staff" or something like that, I will ask them how I am being unfair. If its just "normal targeting for fun" then I will let it slide but if the reason of "unfair" staff is a lie, the player will have a chance of a punishment due to not being honest.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would say first, "Welcome to TF2, dont like it here? Best that you leave" and if they continue I will mute them in the mic. If they still continue from chat or from DMs I will offer a complete ban thats either in a certain duration or a permanent ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would punish the regular player by the specified duration of either a mute or a ban. Most likely a ban if the player is acting more like a hacker.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would say this, "Welcome to TF2, where players kill players and have fun!" or somewhere around that. Then if they keep fighting about it I will explain in depth what TF2 is and why they shouldn't argue.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
An admin thats using their powers just for fun thats making it unfair for the player.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would feel like I am trusted. I love to administrate on servers helping the servers to be a safe network. Of course I don't constantly ask for staff every time I join these types of servers. I at least join for at least a whole day or two to get to know the server before seeing if they actually need staff or they just want staff. Because trust me, SCREW STAFFHUNTERS

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: techboy04gaming - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 08:18:46 PM »
Hello!

Can you please make your steam games public to view? As well as your inventory?

Thank you! :)

Offline Lox

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • yes
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 04:28:24 AM »
"14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
If the person is purposely acting against the punishment and making the statement sound harder to understand than it should be."

Can you elaborate on your answer to this question? I'm not sure that I fully understand the wording.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 02:53:11 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (01-07-19).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow