• April 18, 2024, 10:56:24 AM

Author Topic: ★ Jackalhead ジョジョ - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4243 times)

Offline K a z u m a ™

• Mysterious Okami
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Member
  • Yare Yare daze =w=
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
★ Jackalhead ジョジョ - Game Server Admin Application
« on: October 04, 2018, 05:36:16 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Due to being a part of the team some time ago I know a  decent amount of people. Both who are active and also former members. I'll list a few who I was rather close to!

- Saki
- Zeta
- Penny
- Neon

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
19 (turning 20 this Halloween!)

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Previously I have admined a few different servers such as AOP and TF2SS.

I also worked in a community known as My Variety as a council member, forum admin, and in game server admin.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I've been in the community since 2016 and I am also former staff. You may remember me as Susano. I retired due to being busy in my personal life. But now that I have the free time, as well as being more active on the servers, I would love to reapply.

This community has always been a joy to be in, and just like last time I applied, I simply want to give back to a community that has done so much for me!

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will be able to spend most if not all of my free time on the servers when I am not busy looking for work and or actually at work or busy with family matters.

B. On the forums?
Same as the previous question! Whenever I can during my free time.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
If my memory recalls correctly, I've been on TF2SS specifically since late 2015 to early 2016. And I am active yet again as I play with my friends on the TF2SS servers.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Sadly I do not. Though I will be starting to learn Korean soon!

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2FBuckyLikesWolves

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I do not have any other steam accounts.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
The most recent example is when I got my drivers test done. I have very high levels of anxiety. And my parents didn't tell me I was taking my test that day until we were literally already there. Once I was told this is happening my anxiety went through the roof and I couldn't stop crying, my throat was closing off, and it was hard to keep calm.

What I did to help myself calm down is I told myself everything was okay and that I for sure could do it. And I was correct.

I passed on my first try and I was worried for nothing!

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Strengths (in my opinion): Friendly, honest, good listener, open minded, always willing to help, willing to learn new skills, takes any rules very seriously.

Weakness (in my opinion): Easily upset, moody, can say things I don't mean ending in bad results, occasionally assumes the worst.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 5
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 4
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Being racist is NEVER okay. So what I would personally do it mute/gag the person and give them a serious warning. If it happens again I would most likely either kick or ban said person only after consulting other admins.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would talk to both parties. Starting with the group that is upset. I'd ask how the player offended them, and once they tell me how the response offended them, I would simply tell the offender in this case to be careful with how they say things. That way no one will feel uncomfortable and yet no one will get in trouble either.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would start with a warning, and if they stop, wonderful! Yet if this behavior continues I would give them another warning and a mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I'd try and talk it out with them in hopes of getting them to stop, as it is always good to try and communicate before doing anything rash.

if they continue however, I would consult other admins before doing anything else, as I would not want to unfairly punish the admin.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
When answering a report on speedhacking. I would first join the server and sit in spectate. I would watch the person for a small while to see if they are hacking. If it's obvious or they are, I would ban them.

Hacking isn't okay, no matter what the reasons for doing so are.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Honestly, what I feel is best to do in this situation is mute the player sending the ban threat for a little while. After that I would explain that those rules aren't real, nor is this person an admin. That way no one will have to freak out over getting banned for no reason.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I wouldn't really do anything about it. It's not technically against the rules to target players. It's more annoying if anything.

I'd ask them to stop, and if they don't I'd do one of two things. I would try to fight back and make the best of it, or I would just leave and come back later.  It's not worth getting all worked up over. Isn't killing people a part of the game?

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Well this behavior is never okay to begin with. Don't get me wrong, it's okay to have your own opinion. But that by no means make sit okay to be rude.

I would warn the player, like I would with anyone else. But if they don't stop or act out even more, I would mute/gag them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would most likely mute or gag the player offering godmode for a small time, as scamming people is unacceptable. Then after the player is gagged/muted, I would explain that one, this player is not staff, and two, even if they were staff trading a hat for godmode is against the rules.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would kindly tell them to not stress to much about it. The player who has slain them was only playing the game and wasn't in the wrong. Just keep building up credits and you'll get it back in no time!

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
In my opinion, admin abuse is when a staff member uses various commands in game to either cause the players to be unable to harm them while the admin continuously kills them (such as using the tiny command and killing people so they will be unable to kill you).

Or unfairly killing players who just want to play the game normally (such as using noclip with god mode to kill players in their own spawn)

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
After writing out my application, I am honestly excited to see what the future has in store for me. I wrote a new application seeing as it would be easier as I haven't been around in quite some time.

But no matter what happens, I am happy to just be back in the community! ♥

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ★ Jackalhead ジョジョ - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 05:04:36 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (January 10th, 2019).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.