• March 28, 2024, 02:36:49 PM

Author Topic: D00t76 or Werwolf12 (i will probably change it soon) - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 6972 times)

Offline Werewolf12

1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I don't know any Staff members.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
GMT

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have not had any previous experience.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to have fun, and keep Hackers/Mic spamers off the servers.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Probably 1 to 2 hours a day

B. On the forums?
I will be on probably at least 30 minutes a day.
I don't normally prowl around forums unless you count Reddit, but I will do my best.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I honestly don't know, but at least 4-5 months

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No, I don't.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198337413067

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I have one, but I lost the login details to it:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198811319503

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I was on the trade_plaza server, and getting spawn sniped, so I left the server to cool down with a break from the game.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
As far as I know, I don't have any strengths.
Probably my weakness is my short fuse (I get mad easily)

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would warn them to stop, as it is against the rules/guidelines and if they don't, I would contact an admin that has been on longer than me.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would ask why they are offended (religion, Ethnic etc.) and then either ask them to stop making the comments or if they don't a superior admin to judge the problem.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would warn them two, maybe three times then if they still don't stop I would gag/ mute them for a period of time anywhere from 5-15 minutes.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would NOT fight him! I would contact a superior admin without joining the server.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join the server and see for myself if they where, if it was false, I would warn the user that sent it.
If it was not false, I would contact an admin with higher privileges and explain the situation.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell them to not impersonate an admin.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would probably leave the server, as I have anger issues.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would Warn them that screaming on a mic is considered mic spam, and he/she could be muted.
If he/she is cursing me out, I would just mute them (the in-game mute that everyone has) or ignore them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn them that impersonating an admin is against the rules/guidelines, and if they keep doing it, mute/gag them.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
It depends, if they are spawn killing the person that slew them, then it would be their problem.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
When an admin uses homing projectiles, and crits (i incounterd this, not fun!) or some other way of mass killing players on the server when they ask him/her to stop.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I am excited! I  honestly hope I can help.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Please make your game details public, so that we may see how many playtime hours you currently have.
AFK like JFK

Offline Werewolf12

Please make your game details public, so that we may see how many playtime hours you currently have.
Sorry, I thought I already did that, its done now!

Offline Skeleton

• Swapshops Duck Wrangler
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile

Why do you rate yourself so low when it comes to being patient?

Offline Werewolf12

Why do you rate yourself so low when it comes to being patient?
Because I get angry easily, I have said this in the post.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
What situations do you feel this will become a weakness?
How would you cope with your anger if:
a. A player harasses you on the servers, then continues to through your DMs?
b. A player OR admin knowingly says multiple offensive things towards you as a joke?
c. Your admin powers were temporarily suspended after months of being an admin?

Lastly,
https://imgur.com/a/xLYxsLK
What is significant about 2005?
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Werewolf12

What situations do you feel this will become a weakness?
How would you cope with your anger if:
a. A player harasses you on the servers, then continues to through your DMs?
b. A player OR admin knowingly says multiple offensive things towards you as a joke?
c. Your admin powers were temporarily suspended after months of being an admin?

Lastly,
https://imgur.com/a/xLYxsLK
What is significant about 2005?
Probably A at least until I remember that I can block the user.
With the alt, I was trying to make it a meme.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
I think you misunderstood my question. Each (A, B, and C) all require separate answers in regards to handling your anger, it isn't multiple choice. You also missed my first question, "What situations do you feel this will become a weakness?"
Sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 06:25:15 PM by Sidepow »
i blame sipow

Offline Werewolf12

Ok, thank you for clearing this up!
A is still the same
B, I honestly don't get offended.
C, I would want to know why, and after I know, I will drop the matter.
I was trying to make it a meme account and for some reason, that popped into my head then I was making it.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Please take a moment to answer all my questions.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join the server and see for myself if they where, if it was false, I would warn the user that sent it.
If it was not false, I would contact an admin with higher privileges and explain the situation.

Keep in mind that you are hypothetically an admin in these situations. With that said, what would YOU do to HANDLE the situation?

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell them to not impersonate an admin.

What if the player continues despite you telling him/her to stop.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would Warn them that screaming on a mic is considered mic spam, and he/she could be muted.
If he/she is cursing me out, I would just mute them (the in-game mute that everyone has) or ignore them.

What if the player is doing the other aforementioned things (saying the server sucks ass, insulting anyone who kills them, and screaming on the mic)?

I highly recommend you to check your application thoroughly for grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors. Also, analyze all your responses and see if you can add more details to improve your application.

Good luck in the coming 5 days!
AFK like JFK

Offline Werewolf12

What if the player is doing the other aforementioned things (saying the server sucks ass, insulting anyone who kills them and screaming on the mic)?

Same as my earlier reply about the same thing. I would warn them, and if they don't stop, mute/gag them for 10 minutes.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile

What if the player is doing the other aforementioned things (saying the server sucks ass, insulting anyone who kills them and screaming on the mic)?

Same as my earlier reply about the same thing. I would warn them, and if they don't stop, mute/gag them for 10 minutes.

What about my other questions?
AFK like JFK

Offline Werewolf12

What about my other questions?
Sorry, I meant the post in the original application about the same thing.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (2/11/2019).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
i blame sipow