• March 28, 2024, 10:36:36 AM

Author Topic: Scav (Formerly known here as Miia.) - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4134 times)

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Currently, a passing friendship with Lunarium. I am familiar with the entire Head Admin staff, though only Lunarium is on my friends list.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
PST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
-I was a previous admin here in Swapshop, before voted to be removed. I was offered a return over time, and I felt that I've matured enough to come back.

-Loading Dock Manager for Goodwill

-Moderation on the TF2 Servers Cyanide 4 Gamers.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
They have changed over time;

I have wanted to return to be apart of moderation over the servers.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
15 to 30 hours between Monday through Friday.

5 to 15-17 hours on Weekends

B. On the forums?
Anywhere between 5 and 15 hours throughout the week.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
On and off since 2014.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Yes.
German, and I'm currently re-taking Korean classes.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045428601

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I have posted one before and it's email has been discarded. This doesn't apply anymore.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
This was in reference with what happened with my Demotion. I, instead of lashing out and causing a storm with the community both in forums and in server. I held my tongue, and stepped away. I knew I needed maturity, as my actions were mostly uncalled for.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths now lie in consistency, maturity, and thorough interactions. I am much more analytical. Once processed, I can easily make sound judgement.

My weaknesses are that I can come off as a bit too cold, though it's my failure to convey my emotions properly in times of extreme stress/distraught. The analytical trait is a double edged sword. Sometimes, I can get tunnel vision.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 3
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 4
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
A direct warning. If this persisted, a temporary mute. If they persisted past this, I would kick them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
If these remarks do not break community guidelines, I would only inform the victim there is client-side muting.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Personally, I would call a vote for it. If a /vast/ majority of players vote no, it will be a warn, then a temporary mute if it persists.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Make a recording, and inform higher staff with my evidence. I would personally contact them and inform them what they're doing is wrong.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Respond that I am answering the report, and going in. Gathering a recording and set a punish with a ban if they are in fact hacking or cheating.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Inform the other player that the regular is not capable of doing that. Correcting the mistake of understanding, and informing the regular this is not okay regardless.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
If it means anything to me I will remain in spawn, or use the Shop to gain an upper hand.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
This question confused me before, and confuses me now. So if I don't answer this correctly, I would love feedback for this;

The player would be warned to calm down, and to stop over-using the mic. Being called an asshole is just in-hand with playing this game. They'll be warned twice to calm down, then a temporary mute will be set if they persist past two warnings.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I will warn the regular that this is a big no no, and ban them temporarily. They will be made note of to other staff, to keep an eye on them in case another scam takes place.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
To either go into spectate, join the player's team, or to buy HHH themselves with the shop.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Any use of powers that aren't aligned with the job, outside of regular-access to commands.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I am confidant that I am at least considered since my demotion. I could imagine the community staff matured along side me, setting apart the differences we all had and focusing on bettering the already bettered community.
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile

Offline meatbone

• Personal Counselor
  • Forum Poster
  • Walking on a dream
    • Steam URL Because I change my name a lot
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Scav (Formerly known here as Miia.) - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 04:23:03 PM »
As I explained before it was an error, this was directly to Death. I was 24 at the time of posting and I did a double typo.

This was adjusted to the correct age in this application, as it was 3 years ago, 2 and a half months after my birthday.

EDIT; *Double Typo is in reference to the /two/ applications I made.
Code: [Select]
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    alert("Am I wearing these thigh highs right?");
//-->
</script>

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Scav (Formerly known here as Miia.) - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 06:51:39 PM »
When you were demoted, the Head Administration at the time decided that you are banned from reapplying. After careful consideration, we have decided to keep that decision in place. You are free to make a ban appeal if you feel that the staff should review your case further.
AFK like JFK