• March 28, 2024, 12:47:03 PM

Author Topic: Meowmicks - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Meowmicks

• °
  • Forum Visitor
  • im legit i promise
    • Steam Profile
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Meowmicks - Game Server Admin Application
« on: April 04, 2019, 06:03:36 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
salv, razor, coda, tsund4y, warlock, notaliasing

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Super Admin on IPE (Gmod server), Admin on PF2 (TF2 trading server), Super Admin on MMD (Gmod server)

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I truly wanna make a difference on my crowd.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Enough time to make my presence regularly known.

B. On the forums?
Enough time to make my presence regularly known.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Too long.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
English and Russian

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
| steamname: Meowmicks
|  steam3ID: [U:1:864079064]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:432039532
| steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198824344792
| customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/meowmicks
|  steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198824344792

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I went on a mass losing streak in Overwatch competitive and got extremely tilted. After a while I stopped to take a break and to relax myself I watched Bob Ross for a while and ate ice cream.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Strength: Very patient person
Weakness: I'm good at sniper

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 9
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Tell them to stop, and if they keep going then punish accordingly

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
If they're genuinely and truly offended, I would talk to each party individually about the situation and try to come to a mediation, and if it doesn't work out then I would address it publicly and deal with it.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Two warnings and a mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Contact a higher up, either a head admin or the owner, and tell them about the situation. If nothing is done about it, retire.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Check logs to see if they bought high speed. If not, ban them instantly. But honestly I've never seen anyone use speed hacks in TF2.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell the player who's being threatened that the other player actually has no powers and that his threats are empty.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I'd love to see them try.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
If they continuously micspam then I'll mute them, but if they try to slander me then I'll show others that I'm not actually an asshole.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Announce to the server that he doesn't have the proper permissions to give godmode to others.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Buy it again

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Using their powers maliciously to the detriment of other players.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
It'd be awesome.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Meowmicks - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 06:58:53 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (07/07/2019).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.