• March 18, 2024, 08:15:48 PM

Author Topic: LaLandon - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Unhappy_Face.jpg

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
LaLandon - Game Server Admin Application
« on: April 05, 2019, 05:44:32 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
None

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Mountain Standard Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
None

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to make sure the servers are places in which people can enjoy themselves and make sure no problems are had.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
3-7 hours daily

B. On the forums?
1-4 hours daily

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I don't know exactly how long I've been playing on these servers, but I know I've definitely put a lot of my hours into them.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198053004230

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I used to have an old account, went by lolandon, but I gave that to my friend as a gift.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I usually cope with my emotions by excercizing or taking breaks from whatever I'm doing and taking deep breaths.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I think the strongest part of my personality is how outgoing I am, and I try to stay relatively nice to those around me. I'd say the weakest part of my personality is my overreactiveness.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 7

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would warn tehm. If they continued, I would mute the person in question for a reasonable amount of time, and if continued further, I would ban them for a short period of time.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the offender to stop, adn if he continues, I would give him 1 final warning. If they continue, I would mute the player for a while.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I'd wanr them to stop before reporting it to another admin and come to an agreement on what to do about them. If another admin isn't available, I would kick them from the game. If they rejoined and continued, I would (if possible) ban them for a while and report the incident.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Try to first get proof that they were indeed using said hacks, and if legitimate evidence is given, along with confirmation by other witnesses, I'd report it on his steam profile and then ban the player from the servers.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell the reg. user threatening to ban that he doesn't have that power and to stop imersonating those who do, and to stop creating fake rules or he would be kicked.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Ask them to stop harassing me, and if they don't, I would kick them for harassment.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Mute and or warn them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Mute their mic and tell the other players not to trade, as they're not an admin.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
There's nothing I could do and they'll have to wait until they get the perk again.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
An admin using his power to gain an unfair advantage over other players.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel ecstatic.

Offline Skeleton

• Swapshops Duck Wrangler
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: LaLandon - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 07:39:13 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (7/23/2019)

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.