• March 28, 2024, 04:31:23 AM

Author Topic: Donation ban appeal  (Read 4328 times)

Offline This... Is a bucket

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Donation ban appeal
« on: April 09, 2019, 05:42:37 AM »
Hey! It's me, Bucket.

So around 3 months ago, around the start of January, I was banned from donating to Swapshop's bots.

The reason: I spammed a useless secret item that was worth basically nothing in the actual market but bots mistook it for a lot of credits. That secret item-actually I have no point hiding what it is anymore, it's worthless now. Cs:Go cases- used to be worth quite a lot in the eyes of the bot, and I bought around 300-400 and spam-donated them, and racked up hundreds of thousands of credits. I always knew it was wrong, and that these things would have to be removed one by one by some poor admin, but I didn't stop until all were exchanged for credits.

Then, the credit worth of those cases got dropped tremendously, which was a pretty clear warning sign in retrospect, but I ignored it and spammed another hundred or so. Afterwards, these crates' credit worth were dropped to almost nothing, and my credits had been manually adjusted by someone. This warning could not have been more pointed, and I knew I couldn't push my luck any further. I decided to stop all this spamming, but I still wanted to rid my inventory of the remaining 60 or so cases, so I donated them, a few at a time over a couple of days. But just when I was about finished, I realised I had been donate banned.

That's the entire story from my end. If you're wondering why I didn't immediately appeal for this ban, it's because I kinda saw it coming, and figured I completely and rightfully deserve this fate. I had forced some poor soul to removed manually over 500 cases from bots and probably not even sell them since they are worth basically nothing. So I accepted this and forced myself to repent by repressing my credits spending and killing time in servers to gain whatever meagre credits I could. This was my punishment for testing my luck, and I agreed with the sentence I received.

Server: 03, I think. Either that or 35
Admin: not a clue.
(Donation) Banned for: abusing exploit item
Time: late December - early January

Now, for what I would do if this ban actually somehow gets lifted: Obviously I would stop spamming those cases, not even the 50 or so that are still inside my Cs:Go inventory. I will, and am going to right after this post, list and sell them on the community market, one by one. It'll be tedious and painful, but I figure it's the least i can do to feel even a fraction of what the poor bot-admin had to go through.

I will only donate items with actual worth inside the TF2 market, so you guys get some extra dollars, and I get some extra credits. Everyone wins.

I don't even know if it's in the authority of whomever reads this to remove my ban, but honestly this is more of a shot in the dark, a Hail Mary shot, so to speak- more than anything. I would not be shocked at all if this appeal gets rejected- I did do a very dickish thing. It'd just be a pleasant surprise for me to have some extra credits for populated servers of the upcoming holidays.

TL;DR
I got donate-banned for exploiting an item, I regret and realise my mistake- always have, won't ever do it again; never planned to anyway, I know I deserve my punishment and will accept it if this gets rejected, but we would all benefit from it since you have my word that I will never spam a single worthless item to bots (also you can just ban me again anyways, so why would I?), Yada Yada Yada please-don't-permaban-me-from-the-servers-I-play-here-a-lot

K thx, bye

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Donation ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 06:29:39 AM »
Your appeal is now under review.

You'll be hearing from the authority who handles these situations themselves. He will give you the final verdict.

Thank your for your time.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Donation ban appeal
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 02:49:00 PM »
Unfortunately, we cannot give you another chance. Your ban is permanent.
AFK like JFK