• March 18, 2024, 11:47:31 PM

Author Topic: Coda, .myriad - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3166 times)

Offline .myriad

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Coda, .myriad - Game Server Admin Application
« on: April 10, 2019, 10:32:48 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Tsund4y_, Warlock, Razor, Notaliasing, Lunarium, Psyk0tik, Magic genie, Rylan, Haze, Gen.Sheperd

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
est

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
i was an admin in swapshop for 4 hours with no powers, and i was an admin in rust legacy for a few months, before the server shut down.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
To make it a better place in getting rid of toxic players, and hackers.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
i have nothing going for me all day, im at home all the time, so any time will be good.

B. On the forums?
i can be on the forums any time i am needed

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
since around late 2012/2013

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Swedish, Russian

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://rep.tf/76561198110254941

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
i have none

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
i was on a rocket jump map, couldnt do a jump after around 30 tries, so i got unnecessarily angry. then i just quit and went to watch videos and play another game.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
people say im funny, i would say im a nice person usually, but sometimes i get angered easily, not that often though.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 4
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 6
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
i would give them a couple of warnings, and if they do it again, its a 30 minute gag/mute, then if they do it twice again, then a 45 minutes mute/gag

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
i would ask the other players to not say those remarks again, and if they do after 2 warnings, then it will be a 30 minute gag/mute and 45 if they do it again after 2 warnings

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
i will tell them to stop, and if they do not, i will mute for 30 minutes

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
i will report it to head admins.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
i would check out the server and the player that is "speedhacking", and if they are beyond a reasonable doubt, then i will ban them.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
i will point out to them that they are not an admin as a warning, and if they do it again i will gag/mute them for 30 minutes

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i really wouldnt care, as it is not against the rules. i couldnt do anything in that situation.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
i would warn them if they are micspamming or insulting other players after a couple of warnings, and if they dont comply, then it will be a 30 minute mute/gag

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
i would say that you have no power to do that, and give him a warning, but if they do it again, i would most likely ban them for scamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I cannot control this, as they bought it from the shop, it is not against the rules.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
having godmode or noclip and killing people with them on, also resizing and killing players.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
i cant wait to be an admin, since i'm on all the time, i believe i will catch a lot of micspammers and a few hackers, possibly daily.

Offline Skeleton

• Swapshops Duck Wrangler
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Big green man
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Coda, .myriad - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 07:40:30 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (7/23/2019)

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
Modify message