• March 19, 2024, 03:41:39 AM

Author Topic: tangjiyin - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2950 times)

Offline This... Is a bucket

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
tangjiyin - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 08, 2019, 01:07:40 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Notaliasing
FusionFlarez
Peachie
Lunarium

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Beijing time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Not much, apart from having been an executive chairman in my college's Student's Union. Mainly I helped in voting on details of club organised events sanctioned by the school such as Walkathon and Swimming Marathons

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I'll be 100% honest: I've never wanted to hold more responsibility than the bare minimum. I was perfectly fine just being a frequent and ancient server-goer. But then some staff started talking about opening a minecraft admin-only server in the Discord and that piqued my interest. Upon inquiring on how to gain admittance to an invitation, Trix told me I simply had to become admin. And so here I am.

TL:DR, Me + admin = Minecraft

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Usually an hour per day

B. On the forums?
The forums on this website? Basically none.
The forums on Discord? Basically once a day

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Closing on 1 year

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Chinese
American sign language

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198105155926%2F

https://backpack.tf/u/76561198105155926

Also I would just like to add how even if someone were to have a dirty record, they could easily link an alt with the same exact appearance with no bad rep. Perhaps you should just check their profiles yourself instead.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
Aaronficker2012 (I never use this one for anything except pubstomping 2fort while looking like a gibus 8 year old noob, dont worry)

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Okay. This might sound dumb, but the most infuriating moment I can remember off the top of my head is back in my college years, when I was heading back home from school. I went to the bus stop and waited for a bus. 1 out of 4, to be precise. There were 4 lines that were viable for me as transport- 2A; 722; 77; 99. With so many lines leading back home, it usually took ~3 minutes for a suitable ride to appear. Yet on that day, I stood in the sun for 24 whole minutes-did I mention I was holding in half a day's worth of piss in my bladder? And by the 24th minute, I had had enough and decided to just walk home. And just as I crossed the street and the pedestrian light turned red, shutting off any chances of me getting back to the station, a 2A, 77 and 722 all simultaneously rounded the corner, picked up the transiters, and raced by me and off into the distance, as if they were giving the biggest "fuck you" right at my face.
Understandably I was pissed off at- nothing and everything at the same time, really. That was the worst part- I didn't know what to blame for this phenomenon. How I cope with anger is usually by |A. punching the shit out of a cushion B. taking a cold bath to cool off the heat| And so I took a cushion on the couch and just fucking ORA ORA-ed it for one straight minute, before taking the most satisfying piss that memory could serve-inside the shower.

What? I told you it'd sound dumb.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My ability to be analytical and unbiased helps a lot. I also usually don't take much too seriously- it's just a game after all.

When it comes to weaknesses I would say I often lack confidence

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 3
  • Creative: 5
  • Polite: 4
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 6
  • Honest: 7

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Go on admin chat and tell them to stop, probably also list them the consequences should they persevere: gagging them if they say the N-word again, and if that doesn't work a temporary ban

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would usually just lay back and grab some popcorn to watch the flame war. Unless there is a clear violation of the rules, I do not have authority to do much, nor do I feel the need to

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Depends.
If they are micspamming for the sake of being annoying, I'd mute them after a warning.

If they are micspamming for the sake of proving a point/ a discussion, I'd probably just tell them to be conscious of their volume, and tell those who might complain to just personally mute that person

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Probably would attempt to counter it with my !shop powers. Once again, I don't really care much for being an admin; I just wanna join the minecraft server.

If that isn't getting anywhere or if my fighting back only causes further disturbance to the population, Id just report them on the SS website.

Note that I resort to countering them with !shop at first because immediate action should be taken to halt the abusing and preserve the player numbers on the server at that moment; reports will only take effect after some days

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Id say that as far my knowledge goes, within my 4500 hours of tf2 experience there has been no downloadable modification that can enhance a hacker's speed. They were probably just buying speed from !shop, and that is perfectly within SS guidelines

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Say that as an admin, I am sure that such a rule/guideline does not exist and tell that user to stop their bullshit and deal with their own problems using good ol' gun violence

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Fucking spam the shit out of !shop commands to destroy them. Anyone is free to try and spawncamp me. Go ahead and see what happens.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Insults spoken over a screen mean less than nothing to me. If they just insult people, I would just ignore them. Profanity is no big deal either. But if micspamming and racism is involved, then i can do something, like a verbal warning before a gag and mute.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Remind others that one can't buy godmode for others, and that this is such an obvious scam. I wouldn't threaten bans and stuff, since it's just a hat. Besides, if someone was dumb enough to trade them, one hat for a lesson on not to trust others so easily is a very small price to pay. This insignificant loss might perhaps even save them from losing an unusual in the future. It's better for them in the long run.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
"If you can use !shop, so can everyone else. Quit your bitching around and beat them with actual skill"

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Using powers exclusive to admins for actions that directly or indirectly disturb other players by any means without a justifiable reason. Using admin powers for a joke without harming others is perfectly acceptable.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Uh, can I pls join the minecraft now?

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: tangjiyin - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 11:04:08 PM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that your application does not meet certain requirements at the moment:
If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after you meet our application requirements (http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=107.0).

We also highly encourage you to use that time to further revise and improve upon your application.
AFK like JFK