• March 19, 2024, 01:49:15 AM

Author Topic: Saki - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Saki

• Forum Visitor
  • We all lift together.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Saki - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 10, 2019, 01:03:07 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.

Synicle,
Katze,
Pawky,
Trixxy,
Gawain,
Death has me added if that counts,
Hades since he still slaves around here, uh
TheMagicMarksman too
Fog Submarine if he's still around, no idea.
Fuzzy Fire'Chu and I talked just before retirement.
Hamtaro if he's around, no idea who is and isn't.
Psykotic
Sipow

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I deadass worked here for like 4 years, back in the golden era so I think I am pretty well versed in working for swapshop, I almost did a bit of admin work for some CS:S severs after my leave from swapshop for a while as an "In-Game Administrator" so that's some more experience under my belt.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I just want the help pull the servers out of the crusade-style dark ages that it's fallen in, really try and put Admins back in favor of SwapShop so that the community can feel better and have a good word about admins again, and so that people have someone they can contact at any time to get some help on servers.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I can spend all day if I really wanted to, but more realistically I can spend around 4-8 hours on the servers in one sitting.

B. On the forums?
I can spend my free-time on the forums, but that would have to be later into the day, very late afternoon to early morning. I'v grown slightly more accustomed to forums so I should be more active than before.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Around 6 years, I have taken breaks but I always end up finding my way back, somehow. I have admin'd for 4/5 of those years, give or take some time here or there.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
I took 4 years of Spanish but only have base understanding of it, so effectivly I can only speak English well

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198074975573

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
N/A

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Most likely when I came into the SwapShop server's Discord, mad that not alot of people are doing their job because I forget that being an admin is pretty shitty sometimes. I was able to cope with this by having Hades step in and have a sensible conversation with him.
15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am ready to help, always active and damn fine at my job as strengths, my weaknesses i'd say is being a little too up-tight some days as admin, where I give warnings for silly little jokes that shouldn't be taken seriously.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 4
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Get the beating stick out, and use it to type a verbal command for them to stop using such language, after I request politely, without trying to trigger them into further escalating the situation, I will take action in silencing them.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would try and calm both sides down, and reason with both the majority, and the minority. If a compromise had to be made, I would try and make it as just as possible, both by making sure that the person using the insults isn't being personal or breaking any rules, nd that the majority mass isn't being overly sensitive so that they can get someone in trouble for having a differing perspective or ideal.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Ask, tell, make. It's simple as that. You ask them nicely to stop, if they don't you tell them to stop, and if they still don't listen, you make them stop.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
You report them to a higher-up, with screenshots or came-captures (Not copy and pasted text, because that's not a good way to prove something, people will think you edited it), that and if it's in chat or using commands you can have higher-ups check the logs.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join the server, and instantly get his account information from console, just incase h speeds his way right out of the fucking server, then i'd promptly kick him with a warning that we don't do that here.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would inform the regular user that they have no-such power, nor right, followed by a verbal warning for impersonation of an admin or having an admin's powers. If the other party is, in-fact, breaking a rule, they too will be issued a verbal command.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Playing the game isn't against the rules. Unless it was targeted harassment with personal insults and threats, there's nothing more I can do, if it annoys me I can join spectator but other than that, there's nothing.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I can ask them nicely to leave if the servers aren't to their taste, if the situation gets to a point that administrative actions need to take place, then so be it. (We've all been there, don't lie.)

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Give a verbal warning to the player in question, letting them know that actions will be taken if they continue, and make a public announcement to the server that no, no on will be getting god-mode.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
All is fair in love and war. They spent their points, you spent yours. (see answer G, playing the game isn't against the rules.)

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
Using your powers in any way that isn't intended for the betterment of the server or necessary. If punishments or perks were unjustly used or gained, or if the use of a powerful title is used for manipulation.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I just hope that things get better with time and effort. We all lift together boys. Let's do our share.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 01:41:25 PM by Saki »
We all lift together.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Saki - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 01:18:28 PM »
dont die
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Saki - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 04:26:58 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (10-17-19).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
AFK like JFK