• March 19, 2024, 04:53:50 AM

Author Topic: IcePhenoix2019 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3997 times)

Offline ♪♫IcePhenoix2019♫♪

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
IcePhenoix2019 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 19, 2019, 12:34:14 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Psyk0tik
Death
A Furry Cat
lunarium

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
GMT-4

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I am a admin in happyland tf, uberupgrades, and I supervise if someone is a higher level than someone else (like lvl 15, 18, 15, 35

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I like to report glitches and bugs, and make things fun for the community like in happyland. as for my goals, I just want to make this a better place honestly, I don't like how toxic people can get, even when they expect them to win and they do. I have met tons of toxic people on 06 and most of them try to be edgy.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
prob. hours, depends if people are on or not

B. On the forums?
prob. a few minutes, I already have things to check in the morning, so I just take a few minutes to view the fourms that I have every morning when I get up, sometimes in the night I check my forums as well.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
oh, prob 23% of my tf2 hours (1200 hrs), I love these servers besides toxic players

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Slightly spanish, but no, not realy.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Natertader2005/
FestiveBonk
+Rep very nice friendly
Most of my rep. comes from the scripting community and happyland.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I don't have any alternate accounts on steam :

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I try to chill and walk away from the game, or just play a different game. If things start to get personal though, I use my anger management skills to calm down and I also leave the game for a few minutes. I also try to believe that when someone is toxic, I just think that they are comments, not insults, which now makes me "immune" to insults.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
==Strengths==
Really into gameplay
Love coding
Nice when not mad
Kind and merciful
==Weaknesses==
If can't get back into control, starts to get toxic and swear
Tons of stuff to do
Sometimes (rarely) gets abusive, mainly to experiment
Doesn't like being yelled at (with mic)

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 1
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 9
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Ask them to stop being racist, if that fails, then ask them again and warn them, if that fails, then kick them. If it continues again, then ban. Sometimes I will ignore them, only if its not THAT racist.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Ask the players why they find the remarks offensive, if it is a serious remark, then I will warn the one who made the remarks.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If its earrape, then mute them and warn them.
If its music at a reasonable volume and mature, then I will allow it.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report it as soon as possible

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
explain the server he was on, describe his cos. and his username.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I don't know how to handle that :

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Just try to ignore them if they use their mic, I am good at handling hate comments, if they try to make me cry or get me to the point where I rage, then I just rq and exit tf2 for a minute and relax.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
ignore them
mic: warn them and mute them

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell them that it is impossible to do so, or in other words a scam. then ask them not to do it again.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
its okay, you just died, just deal

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
infinite cash, infinite godmode, basically anything that means infinite.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel like its a lot of work, and a lot of responsibility like happyland. I would feel honored if I manage to get admin though, it would mean a lot to me, because this is my fav. server to play in besides happyland. I look forward to joining the community! Its okay if I don't get admin, It would be great though :3

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: IcePhenoix2019 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 06:08:50 PM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that your application does not meet certain requirements at the moment:
If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after you meet our application requirements (http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=107.0).

We also highly encourage you to use that time to further revise and improve upon your application.
AFK like JFK