• March 28, 2024, 04:07:12 PM

Author Topic: KillaMeep - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4323 times)

Offline the imp

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
KillaMeep - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 01, 2019, 03:15:32 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
None.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:
14(please read the last box. i have put something concerning my age there.)

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
mst

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've been an admin for a lot of game servers, and used to host my own tf2 server that had around 20 players in it at peak time. I know the ins and outs of server moderation, and am willing to help with most everything

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would like to hold this position because over the years ive played tf2, the tf2ss servers have been one of my go-to community servers. I would also like to help moderate because over the time ive been on the tf2ss servers, ive ran into a lot of times where people break rules, and ive found that there is a very large spawn camping problem(almost every server I join it happens at least once, even though it is clearly against the rules)

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I am able to be on most of the time im awake (10:30am to about 12:30 the next day)

B. On the forums?
Almost always. I have access to the internet about 90% of the day. Usually more.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been playing on your servers for a year or two now i think. Not exactly sure but it's right around there.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198214525367

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198214525367

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
none.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
When my parents got a divorce(twice)
I coped by playing more video games and also by just talking with my friends. They have been a great support net for me when times get rough.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Id say that my personality strengths are how I don't back down from problems, and I'm extremely passionate, helpful, and friendly.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: -- Select One --
  • Creative: 4
  • Polite: 7
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 10
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would first ask them/pm them to please stop, then for the second offence, i would mute them for a certain time(depends on what they said and the situation/context). then on the third offence, just mute them for longer then before, and etc.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would go look to see if another admin is online to see whether they think it is offensive or not, if not, drop it, and if they think it is offensive, go from there.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Warn, then mute.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Let another admin know(most likely pm death)

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I'd go check if they were, if so, ban, if not, just watch for a while just to make sure.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would warn them that they are not allowed to impersonate an admin. then stay for a bit to make sure they wont again. if they do again, id ask another admin what exactly to do because I don't know your guys policy for that sort of thing.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I'd most likely just ignore it or leave. there are a lot of other servers that they aren't on.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
mute/gag them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Brodcast to the server that the trade is most likely a scam, and warn him to not pretend to have admin powers.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them that it isn't against the rules, and that I can't do anything about it.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
When admins use their powers to benefit themselves in a way that can affect other players experience. Like giving themselves godmode for no reason in the middle of a fight, that sort of thing.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I would love to help you guys with running/managing the community and servers, and I hope to talk with you soon!

(NOTE:
Yes, I know that the application page says required to be 15, but im going to be 15 in 5 months, so I though you guys might be able to make an acceptation. Also, if you would have accepted my application if I weren't 14, could we just "postpone" the interviews and stuff then just do it when i turn 15 in February? Thanks much!)

Offline Gawain

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Professional Child Wrangler
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: KillaMeep - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 04:45:43 PM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that your application does not meet certain requirements at the moment:
If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after you meet our application requirements (http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=107.0).

We also highly encourage you to use that time to further revise and improve upon your application.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:13:23 PM by Psyk0tik »
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and feel obligated to inform you it is on fire."

-Ser Fergus

Gawain's not so og theme