• March 28, 2024, 04:40:29 AM

Author Topic: Tk - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Tk

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Tk - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 13, 2019, 01:14:04 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I currently don't know any of the staff members.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have no prior experience.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I like to be a helpful person. I want the community to have a fun and safe time playing in the servers. It would be great to learn the role of being an admin because I want to use those skills for an everyday job in the real world.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I'm available at any time when I'm awake (9:00 AM - 2 AM).

B. On the forums?
Again, I'm available at any time throughout the days.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I believe I've been playing on the server since 2014 or 2015. Though, I've had a small break from TF2 at one point so I've missed out on playing in the server.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
Currently learning Russian

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Fidkacustomurlnamezomg

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
N/A

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
If I ever encountered this problem, I usually take a quick breather/ a break from what I was doing to calm myself down before knowing when to come back.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
My strengths as a person is having good communication and being outgoing. I'm a hard worker and never give up on any problems that I encounter. I'm reasonable and respectful to everyone.

My weaknesses is sometimes mistaking a situation for something completely different but, i would try my hardest to fix whatever mistake I would make.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 10
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 2
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Give them a warning of a potential kick or ban. If they keep it up, I give them a mute or a permanent ban.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would give a warning to the user to be respectful to others or I would kick them from the server.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would mute the player or give that player a warning.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I wouldn't confront the person in the server since it would look unprofessional but, I would tell another admin to help me stop the problem.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would go to the server to spectate and give that user a permanent ban.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Review the rules again to the user who's giving out the threat or give them a ban for impersonating. I would let the other player know they won't be banned from false information.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Be the bigger person and ignore them or go to a different server.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Keep calm about the situation and tell them to leave the server if they don't like it. But, if they don't listen, i would mute or ban.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell the user scamming isn't allowed in the server. If the rules are broken that user will be banned.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell that user if they won't stop complaining I would tell them to wait until they use the perk again or save up credits.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define Admin abuse as a way for an admin to take control in a negative way to ruin the fun for the game itself and the players who visit the servers.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
If I was to be accepted, I would be on top of everything to make sure nothing goes wrong. It would help me get new learning experiences and grow as a person even if I become and admin or not.

I would like to help out the community and the servers with the other admins.

Offline theSipow

• Cum Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Hero
  • Jai Geru Deva Om
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Tk - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 09:42:23 PM »
Hello, thank you for applying! Could you please answer the following questions?

• How do you feel about fellow staff members who may or may not have good reasons for being inactive?
  • How would you deal with a fellow staff member who reveals your role as an administrator to the rest of the server?
  • If you had a dispute with a fellow staff member, what steps would you take to tackle the issue?
  • What if the dispute was with a regular player?
  • How would you deal with a player who accused you of admin abuse?
  • How would you define "!shop abuse?"
  • If any, what kind of ideas/suggestions do you have for improving our servers?
  • What kind of administrator would you describe yourself as? (i.e quiet/hidden, outgoing/social, strict/by-the-book, etc.)

Good luck in the coming week! :D
\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_(  ̿  ̿  ̿  ̿°̿̿ ̿ ̿  ̿ ͜ʖ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿°̿  ̿  ̿)_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
i blame sipow

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Tk - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 03:24:34 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (11-21-19).

We encourage you to use that time to revise and improve upon your application.
AFK like JFK