• September 16, 2019, 10:02:23 AM

Author Topic: Flamboyant Slump God - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 42 times)

Offline Flamboyant Slump God

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Flamboyant Slump God - Game Server Admin Application
« on: September 13, 2019, 06:34:45 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
Yes

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
psy.
Gawain
Death

I'm not very sure about many others, as many have changed their names or simply left but safe to assume I knew quite a few.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Since it's been some years, new stuff has popped up.

Shift leader at a restaurant
Previous Server Administrator for TF2SS
Previous Forum Moderator for TF2SS

And quite a few little shift leader positions at various other places in between. Restaurant and department-like stores.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
Have fun and moderate TF2SS servers to keep them fun and friendly for many users of all kinds to come around and enjoy.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
At least 3-4 hours of any given day

B. On the forums?
At least 1-2 hours of any given day

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
A year and a half, not recently, but before I dropped tf2.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No. Severely incomprehensible at French.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198149566694

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
At work or home I sometimes lose my cool, but I think to everything good I have around me and how keeping a level head about everything will only lead to better.

More specifically, I thought about leaving work due to the other workers being very very inadequate, however I felt as though that'd be the most selfish and childish reason to leave work or get fired. Simply staying and pushing through on and on would eventually lead to promotion, raises and overall a better mindset that I stayed level about it regardless of the circumstances.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
I am very very empathetic. If I see where someone is coming from and their situation, it's easy for me to understand them and further a conversation or extend an arm out to them.

I am pretty weak in confrontation. It's one thing I genuinely don't like. I don't consider myself to be a push over, however I do not enjoy causing or being a part of a conflict. I'd rather find a way to avoid it or stray from it.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 8
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Very quickly ask them to stop. Use admin commands to send a message server-wide that saying racist comments will result in punishment. From there, a final warning will be issued. After that point, a 5 minute gag would be placed(or mute depending on what they're using).

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
Depending on the comment, punishments can be made. Overall, on comments being offensive, I'd like as much players as possible have fun. Even if I don't find it offensive, I'll still try to ask them to refrain from them from making said players feeling uncomfortable but going back on the first part above, it really depends on the comments being made.
I.E.: if it's something to do with a topic I don't get offended by but someone does, I may have to step in. However, if it's just gamer style banter, not much can be done in the first place.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
A three warning system, a final warning server-wide, and a mute for 5 minutes.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Take a few screenshots, or video if possible. Screenshot the logs. Send to a head administrator. If it's bad enough and frequent enough, put light about it in the forums.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Immediately go to the server and find out the extent of the hacks (if any). Go to spectator and watch for a good while or at least till it is evident that said player is found to actually be hacking. Immediate permanent ban and blacklisting of their IP.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Notify them that impersonating an admin while trying to enforce rules that do not exist is against the rules. Apply the admin tag and let them know that there is an actual admin there. Warn them once more if it continues, and finally a one day ban if it continues.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Just try harder. Get better in the process. Leave the game and find something else to play or something else to occupy my time. Maybe use cheaper tactics in games like an over-powered class or being a good spy.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
use the three warning system about the mic spam and insulting players. If it continues, a 5 minute gag and mute. After that, kick the player from said server. If they come back, notify other admins about the player and ban him for a day if necessary.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Notify any and everybody that selling commands is considered admin abuse if happening, and if it is outwardly a scam, warn any players willing to trade with that person and ban him for a day for attempted scamming. If later reports come out about said player scamming, a permanent ban if possible.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
It's an unfair, but completely fine perk in the game. it would be on the same level as complaining about a certain weapon. It's in the game. I cannot kick or ban, or punish in anyway, a player who chooses to use an unfair weapon.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
The malpractice of power. A power at hand that an individual willingly chooses to use for something wrongfully. Abusing a certain part of a game that other players have no access to. Unlike a glitch which is something anyone can perform with skill, it's a power restricted to someone trusted to use it and still willingly chooses to take advantage of it.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
Very welcoming. I would love to be back with the team. I have been busy figuring myself out and what I'm doing and after moving out and settling in, I have got really comfortable with life and want to do something that I really love and miss. Cannot wait to be a part of some of the same people I used to be along side with.
I like salt

Offline Flamboyant Slump God

• I fiddle with strings on coated plastic and wood
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Mr. Slump God
    • My awful site
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Flamboyant Slump God - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 06:38:04 PM »
I may or may not have uncapitalized sentences. My sweaty fingers make it hard to hit the shift effectively. I looked through it 3 times to make sure but my vision made it kind of difficult. Just PM me about any capitalization or reply below about grammar issues, thank you :)
I like salt