• March 19, 2024, 03:42:22 AM

Author Topic: Foleyfam234 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5138 times)

Offline [TDK] Foleyfam234

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Foleyfam234 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: October 13, 2019, 11:07:20 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
Well I kinda Know Lunarium but not that well.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Well I have watched over my siblings and cousins multiple times but I do not know if that counts toward this application. I am also a moderator or rather soon to be moderator for a twitch streamer by the name of MrSarcasm77.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position because I want to stop any hackers, and keep everybody on the servers having a good time. I want to make sure that our community stays together and is one that new players and old players alike can enjoy.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Probably 1-2 hours a day if I am done with my homework which I usually do at school anyways so I should be fine, on the rare occasion 4 or 5 hours.

B. On the forums?
Probably not much as I am not a very technical person I enjoy helping others in game with their problems.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I am not totally sure but I know it has been quite awhile probably at least a month or two.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No I do not speak languages other than English, I am very fluent in English however.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198349521451

https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198349521451

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
None

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
Well I honestly find myself getting mad when I get bad grades in real life, or when I miss a backstab when playing spy. I usually just take time away from the topic for 5 to 10 minutes.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Strengths well I am a very thoughtful person I tend to look at most angles of the situation and try to think of it the best I can

Weakness I sometimes lose control of my emotions if someone is being Racist,Sexist,Or overall just an asshole as I do not Tolerate that kind of behaviour.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 3
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 10
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 10
  • Honest: 8

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would first of all warn them, and if they continue to make racist comments I would most likely ban them as I do not tolerate racism.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would have them talk it out and if they can't get along then I think I would probably temp mute both of them to give them some time to cool down and think it through.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Honestly If they don't listen to a warning I would just mute them for like an hour MicSpammers are so annoying and are one thing I can't stand.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report it in the discord and on the forums to higherups and stop them until the higher authority can deal with them and revoke their admin rights.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would check if they had a roll the dice item for increased speed, I would also check if they were on say a x10 server and had a item that increases speed otherwise I would most likley as long as I know they are hacking %100 , then I would ban them.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will explain that that is not how it works and simply tell them not to threaten other users.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Warn them for Toxicity if they do not stop.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Mute them and politley tell them that Toxicity is not tolerated.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn other players that they may be scamming as while you can gift godmode to players through !shop there is no guarentee that he will infact give the players godmode. Possibly let the player off with a warn.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
Well that it is how it is, life sucks sometimes and they just need to suck it up and deal with it. I mean life is what it is.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define Admin Abuse as the use of powers in a way such that it is not beneficial or fun to the current playerbase per example, Having a random vote for everone to get 1k credits thats not abuse. But constantly smiting everyone over and over again isn't fun and that is abuse.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I am feeling confident and am excited to help one my favorite communites.

Offline Gawain

• Head Administrator
  • Forum Poster
  • Professional Child Wrangler
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Foleyfam234 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 11:58:23 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to apply for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that our staff does not believe that your application satisfies our standards for server administration for the moment. Unfortunately, we must decline your application.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after 3 months have passed (01/16/2020).

We encourage you spend this time revising and improving upon your application.
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and feel obligated to inform you it is on fire."

-Ser Fergus

Gawain's not so og theme