• March 28, 2024, 08:48:42 AM

Author Topic: Bass Bunny | Pootis Hoovies - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4685 times)

Offline Bass Bunny | Pootis Hoovies

• Forum Visitor
  • FETUS DELETUS
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Bass Bunny | Pootis Hoovies - Game Server Admin Application
« on: April 06, 2020, 11:53:10 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
i do not have any personal relations with any staff members.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
Mountain Standard Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
i have been in multiple discord servers as an admin or moderator for 7 different servers for at least 3 years, and i used to be an admin for another tf2 server about a year ago. the staff however was very toxic and abusive towards their community members and anyone that joined the server so i left.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
i only wish to enforce rules and to prevent any bots, hackers, and or exploiters from entering the game, as well as to get to know the community more. i have quite enjoyed all of the servers and community members that have come by, and i wish to be involved more.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
at least 8-10 hours per day, maybe a little less. i really enjoy staying on the servers, even if im the only one there.

B. On the forums?
a couple hours, maybe 3 to 4. if i need to stay longer however i will gladly oblige.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
quite a couple weeks, close to two months now. each day i tend to spend hours apon hours, even if im alone, just rocket jumping around and having fun with other members that join.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
i used to speak latin and sign language, but unfortunately because i had nobody or nothing to practice with, it was lost to time. so at this time no.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Fthatonebunnything%2F

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
i have none.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
during a time at work, an incident happened that forced me to be the only one working (i was a cashier), and there were at least 15 people in my line. i had a severe panic attack on the inside but on the outside i kept my cool. my manager saw me visibly shaking and knew something was wrong, and sent me on my break once i got my line clear. (which took about an hour, everyone had a half cart full of stuff.) during my break, i took out one of my fidgets and started messing with it. in about 5 minutes, and after a cigarette, i was perfectly calm and ready to work again.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
im very calm and compassionate, as i really enjoy talking to people when i can. i tend to be selfless and put everyone else first. i can also however be firm if the time comes.

however i sometimes let people get the best of me as i cant tell when someone is lying very easy, as well as i dont understand jokes or sarcasm as well as others can.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 5
  • Honest: 9

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
ask them kindly but firmly to stop the racist comments as others in the server could find it offensive. if he continues on, give him a warning.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
ask both groups to calm down, and to please keep it friendly in the server. i really hate when others fight verbally.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
if i had the power, server mute them until they calm down, and if and when i have confirmed they stopped, unmute them. however if that is not an option, give them a warning in chat, and if they constantly continue, either ask everyone else to mute him or kick him from the server.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
either two things:
A - ask him kindly but firmly to stop, and chill, and if he continues, file out a report to higher admins.

B - again, ask him to politely but firmly to stop, and if not, and if there is not a higher admin to assist,  try to deal with it myself by seeing my options, assessing the situation and what exactly they are doing, and trying to counter it or stop it if i can.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
immediately report to the server if another admin is not available, assess the situation and either warn him, informing him of the rules, calling a vote to kick him, or if it is intensely bad, kick him from the sever. i dont wish to ban anyone but if it gets so bad to the point i need to, i will.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
inform the regular user of the actual rules, and tell him that the other user is not breaking the rules, and unless he is an admin, inform him that he can not ban anyone.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
keep my cool and fight it out. i wont use my administrative powers just to kill people who are focusing me. its just part of the game of course.

if you wish for a detailed description, heres what i would normally do as a regular player:
- determine what classes they are using
- switch to a class that can counter the others pretty well
- switch to a loadout that would work in my favor
- do my best to fight it out.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
ask them to calm down, and keep their chill. if i can, also tell everyone else to take it easy on him so he can calm down. if he continues to mic spam and whatnot, issue a warning if he doesnt calm down. if he continues over and over, either freeze him and ask him to chill, mute him,  or kick him as he can join the server again if he truely wants to. he doesnt require a ban as these are his feelings and not everyone elses.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
inform the other users that he is not an admin, as he can not do as such. he has no power to do so, and ask the regular player to quit as that is considered scamming.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
it is part of the game. if he wants, he can buy it again with the credits that he has claimed.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
personally, admin abuse is someone using their power for their own ends, against the server in general or against the group. someone who abuses other players with powers that he can obtain, for example speed, criticals, etc, as well as someone who constantly kicks, bans or mutes people repeatedly for no reason.

admins are there to keep the server clean, in line, and to make sure everyone is following the rules. thats one of their jobs anyways.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
excited to start my first day, but calm as well as i would be happy to help the server, group, and assist other admins. i enjoy helping and enforcement.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Bass Bunny | Pootis Hoovies - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 12:45:59 AM »
Thank you for expressing interest in applying for TF2SwapShop administration. We regret to inform you that your application does not meet certain requirements at the moment:

• You must have have at least 500 total hours on Team Fortress 2.

If you are still interested in a server administration position here, you may submit a new application and reapply after you meet our application requirements.

We also highly encourage you to use that time to further revise and improve upon your application.