• July 14, 2020, 03:56:41 AM

Author Topic: KermitSewerSlideM9 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 87 times)

Offline KermitSewerSlide

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
KermitSewerSlideM9 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: June 23, 2020, 10:59:11 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Have you ever previously applied for a position in SwapShop?
No

3. List any current staff members you know or have any personal relations with.
I do not know any staff members on any of your servers, But I would be happy to meet them.

4. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

5. Age:

6. What Time Zone do you live in?
EST - Eastern Standard Time

7. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have had only one admin question me due to a false report. Someone thought I was hacking and reported me even though I wasn't hacking and would never want my account banned for hacking. So they got an admin on the server and he noticed that I was not hacking. So the person that reported me said "Well he is harrassing me in chat." So the admin checks chat and does not see me even chatting that much. So the person who reported me got kicked for false report.

8. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to be able to help out the tf2 servers by moderating and helping them grow. Another reason I want to be an admin is because I have a lot of time to spare after work and school and I think the best way to spend that is helping out this server. I do have experience helping out people in need even when I am not admin on some servers. But I think being an admin will make it easier to do that.

9. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I have a lot of time to spare due to my online school and my work schedule as well as I spend most of that time on Team Fortress 2. I have 149 hours in the past 2 weeks from this application on Tf2. So if I were to be admin I can dedicate most of that time to the server and help it out. I probably spend 2 - 10 hours a day on Tf2 and I am willing to put out more time if it is needed .

B. On the forums?
Honestly, I don't really spend that much time on any type of forums due to me playing a lot of Tf2 and a few other games But if it is needed I will try spend more time on the forums, and help out this community as well as the servers community.

10. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Not that long, but I have seen some people on there being disrespectful and I have seen some people try to stop them. They can't manage to stop them mainly because them complaining motivates the disrespectful person to be even more disrespectful. I have played many saxton hale servers, but the one you own is the best in my opinion. Lastly I would like to help the server be moderated and help the community.

11. Do you speak any languages other than English?
No, I have tried to learn different languages but I can't. I will by taking a spanish course though soon online so I will see how that goes.

12. Link your SteamRep and other sources that show your reputation here:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/
KermitIsDead
 /

I have no rep on there but some people did +rep on my steam profile due to me giving them stuff and helping them out with some things.

13. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternate accounts that you own:
I do not own any alternate accounts due to me deleting the only one that I did own "Papa Bear" Due to me not using it anymore and I didn't want to keep having to switch accounts.

14. Describe a time when you lost control of your emotions and how you were able to cope with the situation (P.S: This can be about anything; it doesn't have to be from in-game.):
I lost my emotions when I was not on the right medication, I tried to kill myself and I got put in a hospital. Not for harming my self, but for the attempt. They put me there thinking that it would calm me down and I could be monitored for safety. But it only made the situation worse, but when I got out of it I had no more suicidal thoughts due to the threat of going back into the hospital.

15. What do you consider in your personality to be strengths? What do you consider in your personality to be weaknesses?
Empathy is one of my strenghts as well as caring for some people. But some of my weaknesses are when other people are getting made fun of or mocked. It just makes me feel really upset, not like crying upset but just negative energy. I usually help them out and it is better but if they start targeting everyone... I kind of feel as if I can not leave the situation unless it is fixed.

16. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 6
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 6
  • Reasonable: 5
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 9
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 7
  • Honest: 10

17. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would warn them to stop and if they do not I will see what I can do about it wether its muting them or kicking them. But I will try to warn them and let them know that what they are doing could get them in trouble.

B: A group of players are offended by remarks that another player made, but you yourself do not find them to be offensive. How would you respond?
I would tell the people who are getting offended that it is not that offensive, but only after I look into what the person who was "offending" them said to them from the start so I could get the full picture.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If it is music, I would let them know that not everyone wants to listen to music and that if they did want to listent to music they can do it on their own. If it is someone just making loud noises into the mic I would ask them if it is just their mic or not and if it isn't I would ask them to stop. If they do not stop then I will take action and mute them

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
If the admin is exploiting their powers I would report it and try to let the admin know that what he is doing is wrong and that it is very unfair to the players. If no one of a higher rank fixes it then I will have to reason with the admin and try my best to convince him to stop.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would ask the reporter for the full story and see if he has any video evidence. If not I would join when the speed hacker is on and see if I can catch him. If he is not speed hacking and the person has no evidence I will just remember the guy buy his user and profile and try to keep an eye on him instead of punishing him.

F: A regular user threatens to ban another player if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would ask how they would ban him and see if he is going to hack and ban them or if he is just trying to act powerful. If he is going to hack the server to ban him then I would try and stop him before he can do that. But if he is just acting powerful then I would warn him about admin impersonation and let him know that he can not do that or else he will be punished wether it's from me or another admin/moderator.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Even if they are targeting me I will not do anything about it unless they start to be disrespectful about it in chat. The reason I will not do anything about it is because they are just playing the game. It is a game where you fight team vs team, so if they keep killing me on the other team then they are just playing the game.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would tell them to calm down and let them know that it is just a game in the calmist tone. Mainly because if you are rude about it then they will get even more mad and it will only make the situation worse. If they start mic spamming or keep being disrespectful to other players then I will deal with the situation. Not by warning or punishing the players who are killing him, but instead the person who is swearing, being rude, and being loud on the mic.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would let them know that what they are doing will not only get the player who traded them the hat banned for using godmode. But it will also get the person who gave it away punished for setting up the trade. As well as I would let the person who claims they are going to trade with him that it is most likely going to be a scam.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them that It was your choice for using that perk and if you complain about what happened during that perk, I really cant help you because it was your choice. The other player is just playing the game like they should be.

K: How do you define Admin abuse?
I define admin abuse by Killing people in console non stop, breaking any of the rules for admins and players, abusing console to non stop piss off players, and if they are just kicking/muting/gaging players the for no reason.

After filling out this application, what are your feelings toward becoming a Server Admin on our servers?
I feel exited to help out the community and to help out the server. I mean even if I do not get admin I will still play on the servers(Mainly saxton hale) and have fun. But I think that having admin and being able to help out the players in need on saxton hale and other servers would be great.