• March 28, 2024, 07:02:56 PM

Author Topic: djtittysprinkles - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2978 times)

Offline The Violator™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
djtittysprinkles - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 09, 2015, 01:49:12 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
No

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Pacific

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have no experience in this sort of field.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I feel that the structure of the game is extremely dependent on authority of server admins and id like to help preserve the structure and enforce the rules of the game.

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
Usually whenever i can be on my computer which is pretty often i would say.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Id like to say a year.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
i don't understand.

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
okay let see well there was once when i felt that i wasn't in control because there was a VIP using the server store to buy the "slay player" option and he had something like 350,000 credits so there was no hope of him stopping and he kept slaying me for no apparent reason i lost my temper but i didn't act inappropriately in any way think i just joined spectate until he left.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
well my strengths are respect and im very analytical with certain situations my weaknesses i have a short temper and my patience is short for people that are deliberately trying to annoy me.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 8
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 6
  • Troubleshooter: 4

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Issue a warning and if he continues mute him.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Make it clear that i wasn't trying to offend anyone and apologize for the misunderstanding.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Issue a warning if it continues mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Call on an admin with higher power than his to assess the situation.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Go and observe the player that was reported and make a judgement for myself before issuing any kind of punishment.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Inform both player that those rules do not apply and that the player who made the threat should not act as if he is in a position to issue bans.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
whether or not that is considered harassment i don't know but i would try and communicate with them see if they listen to reason that there's no need to be killing me.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Issue a warning and if he continues mute him wait for him to calm down and give him another chance if he starts yelling again mute him until further notice.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Warn players that this is an empty request and they are at risk of being scammed and warn the player to stop making these kinds of trading request.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
Tell the player that he took the risk of being a large target and there's people with more credits than he has depending on how tedious the complaints are ask the player who slayed him politely to stop so the player will stop the complaints.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: djtittysprinkles - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:17:03 PM »
9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
i don't understand.
Do you have any websites, forum posts, etc. that displays your reputation?

Offline The Violator™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 08:11:01 PM »
i do not sorry

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 08:35:10 AM »
Try researching you SteamRep and post the link in that question.

Offline The Violator™

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 12:21:06 PM »
will do
thanks

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 12:59:28 PM »
E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Go and observe the player that was reported and make a judgement for myself before issuing any kind of punishment.
What kind of "punishment" will you enact afterwards?

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 06:48:54 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.