• April 18, 2024, 06:36:27 PM

Author Topic: ToxicAcez - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Penguins Don't Speak Chinese

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
ToxicAcez - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 09, 2015, 04:19:57 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I have no experience

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I enjoy helping people in any way I can

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
These are the only servers I go on for the most part, but forums 2 times a week

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
About a year.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198135855678

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I time I lost control was when someone kept coming into our spawn with noclip and godmode and kept killing my team I left the game and flipped my keyboard.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strenths are patience and problem solving. weaknesses is multitasking

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 6
  • Compassionate: 4
  • Troubleshooter: 3

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Warn him sternly then mute player if continues

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would apolgize to them and let them know I was not trying to offend anyone

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Mute them

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Tell someone with higher power that they are abusing their privlages

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Inspect the player myself before issueing any bann

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
Tell both parties that this rule is false and should stop telling people false rules

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would ask them to stop and if they did not there is nothing I could do about it because the game is about killing

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Tell him the knock it off and give a warning and mute him if it continues

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Tell the player that they could be scammed and will not receive godmode.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
Tell him to suck it up because it's just a game

Offline Tory Ravufuru

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: ToxicAcez - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 11:12:43 PM »
The only concern I have with saying yes to you is your lack of recent time in tf2. You have logged a ~200 hours in tf2 and you started around june 2014. This is about 4 hours a week. This is concerning since you want to be an admin. I repeat, 4 hours a week. To put this in perspective. I, who truth be told dont play as much tf2 as I should (being an admin and all) log about 70 hours a week... without even trying. To put this in more perspective. I work about 40 hours a week. Also my main game (having changed to csgo) I log about 80 hours a week. I'm going to repeat again. I view my 70 hours a week in tf2 to be lower than it should for me being a game server admin and this is what you are applying for with your approx. 4 hours a week. If what I'm seeing is inaccurate and you'd be playing more than ~20 hours in tf2 please inform us on this thread. I'm sorry but I have to say no to this application despite the application itself being good.

Offline Minion of Set

• The Intimidating One
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 12:53:30 PM »
I think you might be alittle confused about 13B. It's asking if remarks made to them are offensive, it doesn't entirely say if you made them or not. While it's good you would apologize I think it'd be nice to see how you would react if it was said by someone else.
Words of Wisdom: Never piss off an engineer, because he will get your balls, no matter what you do

Offline Penguins Don't Speak Chinese

• °
  • Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »
Thank you for pointing that out. So in that situation I would ask the person making the comments to stop and If they continue I would mute them.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 06:50:42 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.