• April 28, 2024, 09:21:35 PM

Author Topic: SwedishRobo - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3727 times)

Offline Arin Hanson

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
SwedishRobo - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 12, 2015, 06:02:11 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
western

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
none

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
i will stop the mic spammers ban the annoying players and makes sure everyone has fun

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
most of the time

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
4 months

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
6.7 rep

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
never

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
weaknesses: loses in arguments alot strengths: when other admins help me solve the problem

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 3
  • Reactive: 10
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 4
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 10
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 8
  • Troubleshooter: 10

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
i woulds say sir please calm down or ill have to ban or mute you and if they dont i will ban them for 1 day they come back and continue 2 weeks

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
i woulds say please calm down and to the person saying it could you please apologize to these player/ forum users

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
give them 3 warning and if not stopped muted

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
ask them to stop or ill get a higher power to deal with him/her

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
report to a higher power if needed

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
i will say that rule does not exist and i can ban you with no vote at all ok?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i will give them 3 warnings if not stopped banned for 3 days

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
i will say well if you dont like the server and the people on it then you don't mind if i ban you? right?

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
say if they scam anyone else i will get them banned

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
well maybe they want you to play normally try that :)

Offline [SKoG] Rhino

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: SwedishRobo - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 06:55:49 PM »
I really cant say much about this. I dont really like the idea of you banning annoying players. But on the bright side you are a creative thinker and you have potential for a really great administrative power. I say yes

Offline daze

• Weeabo trash
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Forums Junkie
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 07:51:44 AM »
7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
most of the time
Be less vague, give specifics. (i.e. 1-2 hours a day; Three times a week)

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
i will stop the mic spammers ban the annoying players and makes sure everyone has fun
Be less vague here, too. Give a bit more information. Your application seems very rushed, as if you put little to no effort/time into it.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
6.7 rep
I'll list yours for you: https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198147930020

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
never
I highly doubt this.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
weaknesses: loses in arguments alot strengths: when other admins help me solve the problem
Re-reaed this question. Do you mean you're good at helping other admins? Yet again, showing the effort (or lackthereof) in your application.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
report to a higher power if needed
You are the power. Go to the server, check if said person is hacking, ban them if so.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i will give them 3 warnings if not stopped banned for 3 days
This is in no way against any rules. You're just abusing there.

I'd highly recommend re-creating this entire application. Spend more time on it, include well thought out answers. Also, I'd recommend spelling better/using proper grammar.

This application will not be accepted. I'm telling you that now. It seems as if you put little to no effort/time into this at all.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:56:01 AM by PANPAKAPAPPAPPAN! »
One ought to experience loneliness at least once or twice in life. You have to experience it. The idea of being chained to another person without reprieve is far more abnormal and disquieting. One has no choice but to learn about loneliness. I’m sure some things can’t be experienced without it.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 01:04:18 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.