• April 27, 2024, 07:59:55 AM

Author Topic: Mass complain list (sorry for long list and issues)  (Read 11285 times)

Offline uʍop-ǝpᴉsd∩

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Mass complain list (sorry for long list and issues)
« on: July 16, 2015, 03:47:33 PM »
Server: 08
players: none specifically but just an opinion on most. Those listed are some that need correcting.
Issue: listed below
Time: 16th july 2015 at around 22:00 UK time

Right so i play on 08 all the time and i recently fell into an issue with some people staff included who started being immature and insultive.

It started out as most of the red team were spawncamping us and even the admins that were online were doing so. (these staff have been dealt with i heard so i wont make a complaint on them unless more happens.) but these staff were Sixteen and micky.  They were aiding players who were targeting me and they allowed insults to be passed on and did nothing. I admit to insulting back in defence.

Second issue is how some staff seem to not know how to act.. Being they dont do as you would expect a staff member to act e.g. Not caring about what the community asks or being Guidlined by the rule list.. which is how i see some be like i called an admin on to deal with a player allowing spies into the base with a teleporter and he came on and said ''its not against the rules'' but what i see wrong with that is that its gonna annoy the players that a spy is spawncamping from inside the base...

I myself have earn the trust and respect from alot of players on 08 and i respect them back but i feel quite neglected by some who join and that isnt right i have sixteen who finds every little detail to bring up even past situations wich have happened a different way like when they were spawncamping as soldiers i bought 'evil rocket red team' and 'bonk red team' to stop them camping us and sixteen makes a remark ''look who is abusing the shop'' cos i have bought up a issue before where a player was spamming items in the shop to get his own way.

In a previous encounter i was rather annoyed at sixteen since i called a member of staff on cos a younger player was singing down the mic and annoying everyone and i made a remark that i wished mic use was a 16+ benefit and sixteen made this into a statement that i was trying to force a rule onto the servers when it was a suggestion of something i would like to see not a forced remark.

Everytime sixteen comes on now it seems as if he has something to remark at me when i say something.

When it comes down to the majority over the minority staff seem to ignore what the majority wants. when people come on capping the points we all dont like it and start a votekick on them if they dont listen the first time we ask them to stop. we ask them to disable capping points cos we dont want to have the map reset all the time. But they ignore us and continue aiding the person who is capping.

Some staff dont know how to set an example and act immature by spawncamping or using the shop to annoy players like the above complaint about spawncamp there was two admins (both listed) that were helping players camp and who did nothing when an argument broke out between me and a few others and their team.

If an admin wishes to ask me more detail specifically
Add me here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Greenscape123/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 03:50:24 PM by Defective Healzer | Trade.tf | »

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Mass complain list (sorry for long list and issues)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 04:48:08 PM »
Hello Healer, or as I recognize you Tomoya.
Before I begin anything, I would like to initially apologize for the ways I act. I am very opinionated and when I form one, I stick with it, and I fight keeping fighting it. I often lack the ability to think the logic of the others point, instead I just shoot it down with another one of my points. It works well in some scenarios, and terribly in others; as shown. Knife informed me of your complaint which is completely justified, and I, from now on, am going to do my best to accept the other side of the debate and act better as a player.

I will state my believes of the scenarios you listed just to help the reader understand both my and your side.
With the spawncamping that took place today, I cannot deny it having happened. You are correct. I did try to join your team at one point because I love turning the spawn camping from one team onto the other, but your team was stacked so I didn't get the option when I tried. As for name calling, I am only allowed to intervene if it becomes racist or hatred towards a specific group. Otherwise, I have to just assume that the player is raging. If the negativity becomes a spam, I am required to intervene. Words were thrown from both sides, but nothing that was problematic, or at least nothing the I recall taking place. The only one I recall was Mikey saying he hated white people which was sarcastic, but racist nonetheless so I might have needed to react to that as an admin, but frankly I am unsure.

Second issue, I do try to make the community enjoy itself but it is very tough to get everyone to be happy at the same time. As for allowing Spies into another persons base, I am not allowed to do anything against that, or at least not as an Admin. Most of the time, when I respond those reports, I try to destroy the teleporters. I don't recall what happened in that scenario so I can't say that I did or didn't do so. Usually when people do this, they say that they are going to kill the AFK players but other times they don't. Also, the engineers just keep  putting down the teleporters and sit next to an ammo box and just build it infinitely so it makes it hard to deal with. I agree it can be problematic, but it is hard to justifiably deal with as an admin.

You are correct that I bring up the past to put perspective into the current subject at hand, but it has happened from both sides. You have also brought up things to shoot down my points. There is no denying we butt heads.

With regards the statement of having players above the age of 16 or having deep voice should be the only ones allowed to use the mic, you had said that it should be a rule, which is in fact a suggestion, but it was a suggest that would become something forced. That is why I explained why that idea would not work. If anyone would like me to explain why I don't think it will work, please let me know and I will make a post about it.

As for me always having something to say against what you say, I do do that to everyone, and many staff will be able to claim that I do. I believe that both sides of any discussion should be represented.

Like I said earlier, making a majority happy on the servers is very hard, especially when there is no obvious majority. With capping, I typically encourage it so that if they do cap to the very end, I can put up a vote during the next round to see if people want it turned off. Capping is allowed, and a lot of players enjoy playing the objective and capping. This is a good example of trying to help the majority. I try to first allow those who want to cap to do so. Capping is allowed so I can't have it off all of the time because then I am excluding a group of players from their wants.

I do try to be responsible but I also try to make the server enjoyable, even if that means being immature or using the shop.

I know I am not a perfect admin (as shown above), but also you are not a perfect server player, but that should not change how I treat you compared to anyone else. You haven't broken any rules that I know of and you come on the servers regularly so you deserve respect. I will do my best to not only respect you like I would anyone else who deserves it, but also become more accepting of opposing views. I promise that if you see me on any server in or out of SwapShop, I will respect you regardless of what has taken place.

Sincerely, I apologize.

~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 07:56:35 PM »

As for name calling, I am only allowed to intervene if it becomes racist or hatred towards a specific group. Otherwise, I have to just assume that the player is raging. If the negativity becomes a spam, I am required to intervene. Words were thrown from both sides, but nothing that was problematic, or at least nothing the I recall taking place. The only one I recall was Mikey saying he hated white people which was sarcastic, but racist nonetheless so I might have needed to react to that as an admin, but frankly I am unsure.

rule 4 of in-game guidelines states:

"Be mature - racism, vulgarity, insults, innapropriate or disruptive behavior, stereotyping, homophobia, gender chauvinism, age discrimination, and religious or cultural slander are not acceptable"

Hades

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 08:23:26 PM »
I apologize.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Minion of Set

• The Intimidating One
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 04:35:12 PM »
To be honest, I don't see a problem with allowing spies to come into the enemy base. Usually they'll stab afk players though a few will stab anyone. In those cases it shouldn't be difficult to deal with because they're in YOUR spawn. If you die, you come back in the next second to kill them. From what I've seen, most people get annoyed at people killing the spies killing the afk players or trying to kill the teleporter than letting them into the base. One person on a trade plaza two server considered it cheating, which to me just made me face-palm because it's not cheating if EVERYONE can do it.
Words of Wisdom: Never piss off an engineer, because he will get your balls, no matter what you do

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 06:43:53 PM »
Well, the thing is trade_plaza is that it's easily controllable.

Just travel to the teleport (the map is small so it's easy) and sap it. Or, your team can camp the teleporter's exit, making it unappealing to use the teleporter.

On the other hand, cp_orange maps are huge so its hard to sap without dying. Also, you can't really protect the teleporter since with crit damage on, the enemy team can easily kill you in your spawn room. In trade_plaza, you only die if you go near the entrance.