• April 29, 2024, 08:41:53 PM

Author Topic: rileypayne - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 4150 times)

Offline RARE ENDANGERED POOTIS BIRD

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
rileypayne - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 13, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Standard Time

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was admin on a Minecraft server and there was someone spamming racial comments so I asked if they could please stop and they didn't so I had to kick them.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to hold this position to make sure people are having fun and to prevent hacking, spamming, racial slurs etc.

7. How much time do you plan to spend on the Servers / Forums?
4 times a week or more.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
About 3 months.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198179970462

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I have lost control on a Minecraft Server when two people were being very rude so I just ban one and told the other to quit but now when things like that happen I try to calm my self down.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Strenghts:  Nice, calm, and there for another.

Weaknesses:  I can be impatient, if someone gets on my nerves I can be mean, and if someone is being annoying.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 5
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 4
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would ask if they would please stop and if they don't I would tell the people to just mute him.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would say just ignore them or mute them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask if they could please stop and if not then I would tell people who find him/her annoying to mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report them to the owner of the server. Or I would ask if they could please stop.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join the server and I'll ban him if he or she is still speed hacking or see if my friend can get on that server and watch if he/she is speed hacking.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell the user that's being threatened you're fine he's not able to ban you. Or I would tell him to quit.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I will ask if they can please stop if I'm friendly or just kill them back.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Just say ignore him/her, mute them, or tell them please stop getting mad about being killed.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would say don't listen he is scamming you and to please quit saying that scam and if he doesn't quit I would kick him.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I would tell him or her to not buy HHH because there are so many other instant ways to die with it and that it's just a waste of credits. Then say just go kill the person that slayed you back.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 04:29:08 PM by RARE ENDANGERED POOTIS BIRD »

Offline daze

• Weeabo trash
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Forums Junkie
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: rileypayne - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:41:02 AM »
9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198179970462
It's asking for a SteamRep URL, here's yours: https://steamrep.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fprofiles%2F76561198179970462

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would ask if they could please stop and if not then I would tell people who find him/her annoying to mute them.
You're an Admin, you can full out mute them.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would tell the user that's being threatened you're fine he's not able to ban you. Or I would tell him to quit.
Be sure to be less leinient in most of these questions. Remember, you're an Admin. You're free to kick him/her.

J: A regular player complains about another player who slays him/her after he/she buys the Headless Horsemann perk in the shop. What do you tell the original player who got slayed?
I would tell him or her to not buy HHH because there are so many other instant ways to die with it and that it's just a waste of credits. Then say just go kill the person that slayed you back.
So basically discourage the player from donating to us?

One ought to experience loneliness at least once or twice in life. You have to experience it. The idea of being chained to another person without reprieve is far more abnormal and disquieting. One has no choice but to learn about loneliness. I’m sure some things can’t be experienced without it.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 10:16:41 AM »
Sorry I did have some trouble finding my steam rep.  Yes I did say the player that's being annoyed could mute them but later if that mic spammer wants to trade no one can hear him/her.  I know I'm free to kick/ban people but I at least want to give some people an extra chance because for some people I can ask to quit and they will but if they don't they will be kicked.  I'm not saying to discourage donating you guys I'm just trying to say that if the HHH can die in so many easy ways with people buying melee only, almighty Zeus, slay player, etc.  So whoever that person is who wants to buy HHH they still can if they want.

Offline daze

• Weeabo trash
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
  • Forums Junkie
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 06:11:32 PM »
Obviously, we just have to be strict on the guidelines, not trying to be a dick here.

Also, you can modify how long someone is muted for, so a 30 minute mute would be fine for a spammer. If he wants to trade, he can wait 30 minutes.
One ought to experience loneliness at least once or twice in life. You have to experience it. The idea of being chained to another person without reprieve is far more abnormal and disquieting. One has no choice but to learn about loneliness. I’m sure some things can’t be experienced without it.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 07:41:14 PM »
Oh, ok thanks I didn't know that.  Do you guys see any other problems with my application because if so I'll fix it ASAP.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 09:42:34 AM »
That's the challenge my friend, be confident, be TRUTHFUL, and put down exactly what we want to hear. Though any lies on any application are easily found or called out, so it's up to you how you apply everything together.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »
Well yes, I'm trying to answer this application as truthfully as possible and I've got like 75% confidence and 25% no confidence. 

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 01:46:44 PM »
Hi, I don't want to sound impatient but I lost track of time can you guys tell when I applied I forgot sorry.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 01:56:51 PM »
rileypayne - Game Server Admin Application

« on: July 13, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »
Oh, ok thanks.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 01:22:19 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.