• April 18, 2024, 05:25:58 PM

Author Topic: Hunter Of The Hall | Trade.tf | - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 5036 times)

Offline uʍop-ǝpᴉsd∩

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
UK

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Admin on Gmod, Super admin on Gmod, Head admin on Gmod, Pretty much every Gmod Darkrp Staff rank apart from Programmer. I used to be in a Gmod Darkrp server known as Tiber servers and i worked my way up to Super Admin there and i used to own my own server but lost it due to funding issues.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wish to maintain the player happiness while they play and keep rulebreakers and trolls away from the players. I have noticed an increase of nasty players come onto the main server I play on and I wish to keep them away so others can have fun.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I can be on whenever called and I will most likely spend most my time playing on #08 so I can say most likely say I'll be on there for atleast 10 hours a day till I get a job and then it will be abit later in the evening (my time) that I get on.

B. On the forums?
I can leave it open 24/7 and have access all the time.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I have been playing on the servers for atleast half a year

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198040964036

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
None

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
When I got into an argument with an admin who was being rude and harsh me and the team, spawncamping us.

I was getting insulted by players and the admin was not doing anything apart from let them continue till I lost my temper and left the server and contacted the head admin.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I consider my ability to defuse a situation using words and my ability to negotiate a reasonable term with people.

A weakness would be my dispraxia meaning I have slower understanding of things and it changes how I see the world.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 8
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would tell them to stop making the comments and then if they continued I would ban them temp with a reason of: Making racist comments.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would ask the person who made the comment to apologise and to not make the same or similar remarks.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
Mute them for 10 minutes and if they do again I would ban them for a few hours.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would contact the head admin after recording the situation and show this to them and leave a report on the forums so it can be seen by other staff.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would spectate the player in the report and if they are hacking then I would perminantly ban them.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would ask them not to make up rules and warn them that impersonating an admin is a bannable offence and tell them not to do so again.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Its all fun and games if they wish to target me i'd either give them the challange or go in friendly mode.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would kick them first and if they rejoin and do the same then i'd ban them since they obviously don't want to be here

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would temp ban them for attempting a scam on players and then i'd leave a report on their profile marking them as an attempted scammer.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the player that it isnt against the rules and that I cant really do anything about it. But id say that they can try to play the hhh again later on.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:12:57 AM by Hunter Of The Hall | Trade.tf | »

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Hunter Of The Hall | Trade.tf | - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:04:27 PM »
Greetings! My name is Freeze; I'm also known as TheWhiteFace and I enjoy playing on server #08.

The following videos provide evidence of the original poster violating one of the Swap Shop in-game rules. Please consider the following videos before taking any form of action. The original poster has violated section one (Communication), rule no. 4. The Swap Shop in-game guidelines can be viewed and analyzed here: http://tf2swapshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=322.0.

Videos:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:22:42 PM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:06:59 PM »
In those videos, his name is Negative Sixteen i. That is not me. You can check to see my name changes and what not and I have never had that name. Just informing that this is not me.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 06:13:23 PM »
In those videos, his name is Negative Sixteen i. That is not me. You can check to see my name changes and what not and I have never had that name. Just informing that this is not me.
~16
To follow up and confirm, I was "Negative Sixteen i" in the videos. You may check my steam profile for my aliases. The profile can be viewed and analyzed here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079048965/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:18:30 PM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~

Offline uʍop-ǝpᴉsd∩

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 10:38:20 AM »
You see that in the second video its me taunting at soldiers spawncamping.... and in the first video i dont constantly play heavy i go as a counter to stop people either; Spawncamping, Killing friendlies or to counter another heavy. i USED to main heavy about a month ago but even then i didnt play it much for long. And i have had this attitude infront of many staff and no issues were found.

If you are gonna make a report on my actions which by far dont actually show anything worth a ban or deny of the app. Then go report every person who talks, taunts or even insults a player. Not just me.

Offline uʍop-ǝpᴉsd∩

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 10:39:46 AM »
Also i noticed that you have twisted the story alot. If your gonna make a report then make it correct -_-

Offline uʍop-ǝpᴉsd∩

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 10:42:28 AM »
Anyone who wants to know exactly what happened add me and ill explain in detail.

Offline uʍop-ǝpᴉsd∩

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 10:57:41 AM »
ALSO have you ever took into consideration how much abuse i get from players? no? Well maybe you should consider what i put up with before making me look like the bad guy -_-

Offline uʍop-ǝpᴉsd∩

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 08:13:10 PM »
OK so ive made a video explaining everything in those two false reports from freeze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gjUZ7aLBvo&feature=youtu.be

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 08:34:16 PM »
The original poster has violated section one (Communication), rule no. 4.
The issue with Communication Guidelines's Rule Number 4 is that it can be interpreted in many ways. Although the rule does state that:
4.Be mature - racism, vulgarity, insults, innapropriate or disruptive behavior, stereotyping, homophobia, gender chauvinism, age discrimination, and religious or cultural slander are not acceptable
Our staff generally takes this rule lightly. Racism, stereotyping, homophobia, gender chauvinism, and religious or cultural slander are usually dealt with quickly. Vulgarity, insults, innapropriate or disruptive behavior, and age discrimination are usually taken lightly.

In the light of both videos of the reporter's and the reported's being posted, it's up to staff to decide as to whether or not they find Hall's behavior to be acceptable or unacceptable. I encourage staff members and players/witnesses to post on the application about the situation accordingly to offer input.

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 10:17:02 PM »
I really didn't want to respond but... here I am. Just one note before anything begins, I would like to inform all of you that I watch both sets of videos from both sides all the way through.
As for reviewing the application: We review everything we have about an applicant including their application, steam profile, steam rep, etc. We did receive a video and we did review it. With regards you receiving a punishment, you won't. Yeah people found you annoying, but on the home page of tf2ss.com, under criteria, it says, "Be annoying and expect to get annoyed". Of course, we would prefer a community where everyone who is happy and is playing the game the way everyone wants to play, but we understand that that world is not possible for a public server. People will get annoyed, and frankly, people get annoyed all of the time. Your attitude might have been problematic at times, but it was never anything out the ordinary from any other potential player. Your reactions in the video are all allowed within the SwapShop regulations. You never did anything that we found to be kickable, mutable, or banable. With regards playing on the servers, you are fine. As long as people don't report you for a reason that is something we can act upon, you will be okay. As for the application, we are still debating and will inform you of our decision in 6-ish days. It is still early in the week so your application could go anyway. As for now, all that we can do is wait. And wait we shall.
~16
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 11:39:34 AM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.