• April 25, 2024, 01:53:58 AM

Author Topic: Joerappy - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Joerappy

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Joerappy - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 25, 2015, 01:45:54 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time Zone

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I was an admin on mineplex, which is a popular server in minecraft. I was also an mod on a gmod server.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I would love to hold this position to calm the nastier players down. I have noticed that many players in the tf2 SwapShop servers have nasty remarks to other players or act nasty in general. Being an admin would allow me to calm these people down with less resistance and with this seat of power I can prevent

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I spend 4-6 hours a day on the servers of tf2 SwapShop in the summer and 1-3 hours in the school year.

B. On the forums?
I can spare 30 minutes to an hour on the forums a day.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I believe i have been on your group servers for half a year maybe? Im not entirely sure.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
 http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198172877513

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I do not own any alt accounts at the moment.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I have lost control once when I attempted to smooth things out between players and they turned on me. I did not lose control until the remarks because especially personal and I was able to regain composure quickly.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
My strengths are a level head and an ability to rationalize with people and calm players down in general. My weakness is a low tolerance for rule offenders.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 9
  • Objective: 7
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would tell him/her to please stop aggravating the other player and if they do not halt the behavior I would first kick them and if they return and continue the rascism i would temporarily ban them.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would tell whoever is saying the offending remarks to halt and if they do not, I would kick first, temporarily ban later.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
If the majority of players object i would mute the offender.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would speak to the head admin about this.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would spectate the player and if I notice anything abnormal I would temporarily ban him ONLY if he exploits the hack. But  if the said hacker just runs around faster and doesnt aggravate any players I would warn him against using it, but otherwise do nothing else.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would explain to the regular user there is no rule banning that action and link the regular player to the rulebook. If he keeps insisting to non-regular players the rules still exist i would temporarily ban him.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would build a tele to the track/roof and let my team choose to fight them or go outside and ignore them.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
I would mute them and tell the player that everyone has different opinions if he continues and aggravates players i would temporarily ban him.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would warn them and tell them not to say that again. If i catch them trying to scam someone again i would kick/temp ban them.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell the player that the headless horseman is not meant to be invincible. I would explain to the player theres a reason the headless horseman doesnt have infinite health and that the other player slaying them must have had a reason, be it being aggravated by the horseman buyer or just for fun. After all the server is for trading and fun.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Joerappy - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 11:14:37 AM »
Just a notification so you're aware.

Admin have a review board that only staff can visually see. We run over and make a decision on whether or not your application is accepted. So your application is not being neglected whatsoever.

Just giving you a heads up.

Offline Harry Slother

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 03:48:42 PM »
Joerappy would be a good admin. I thought he was one, tbh. He helped solve issues and never got angry about anything.

Offline Joerappy

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 02:07:58 PM »
Um just wondering, when can I find out the results?

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 02:17:25 PM »
The results of your application will be posted on this thread tomorrow, August 1st. Administrators are still making the final decisions.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:31:14 PM by Kaslay »

Offline Joerappy

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 09:42:14 AM »
All right, thx for the heads up and reply.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.