• April 29, 2024, 04:38:35 AM

Author Topic: Limit The Usage Of Binds/Lenny Related Binds  (Read 11066 times)

Offline ♥Quiinix♥

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Limit The Usage Of Binds/Lenny Related Binds
« on: July 28, 2015, 11:19:05 PM »
Personally, I spend a lot of time on 05. I do not know the other 31 (I think) servers as well. On 05 there is a huge problem with spamming lenny binds. 1/2 of the chat at all times cosists of a lenny bind on a server with 7~ or more people. Most players either only speak using binds. If possible, make it so if your previous chat log consisted of a "lenny face" then the next one using a "lenny" will not be published for everyone to see.
xoxo Quiinix

Offline snowy days

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Limit The Usage Of Binds/Lenny Related Binds
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 11:23:05 PM »
To be honest.. I'd have to agree.. having a plugin or warning for players of the server about spamming it or using that constantly for a kill quote or death quote for it to stop.. I really just.. dont tolerate it much more.. I've had to kick many people for spamming lenny face. To where I had two people do /me "lenny bind" and they found a way through console to spam it and cause it to fill up chat extremely fast.
I'd say we should get people to calm down on it and not spam the binds as much..
I'm with dusty on this xP

~~~~~❤Katie❤

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 11:59:51 PM »
I doubt a plug-in will be implemented, however our Server Admins are expected to warn then gag those offenders.

As a player, if you encounter problems with spammers like those, you may always use the /report command to prompt an admin to assist with the situation.

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 12:27:03 AM »
Although it may be chat spam, it is not much of a concern considering the chat will be spammed yes, But if spammed, just politely request them to stop. I doubt Death himself would add to one of our pluggins to prevent a lenny face, and I don't think a timer is available for chat messages given.

But I suggest if a player or players are going overboard with it, ask them nicely to stop, and if that does not work, report to an Admin for your concern. Personally, I don't see this to be a problem if used minimally, But if it's spammed on a mass scale, then Administration actions might be Required.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 03:57:20 PM »
Admins are encouraged to punish players who excessively spam binds.

Therefore, a plug-in would not be needed.

Suggestion closed.