• April 18, 2024, 07:58:19 PM

Author Topic: Sixteen  (Read 11679 times)

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
  • I have more to my story than you think.
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Sixteen
« on: July 31, 2015, 06:16:29 PM »
This is where players write about themselves, not where admins post. I don't want to post this in the Admin Introductions because I already have a legitimate post there for an admin to explain themselves. So why am I posting here? Frankly, I don't know. I know why I am posting, but I don't know where to put it... and that is my responsibility as a Forum Moderator. My reason for posting this is because I am deciding my future with TF2SwapShop. I want all to see it and have the ability to read it rather than just admins. So let me begin.

Hello reader, my name is Sean but most call me Sixteen. I have been an admin at TF2SwapShop for about 2 years. I have been Server Admin, demoted, then Server Admin again, and finally Forum Moderator. From my time at SwapShop, I have met many people, most of which I can say I like a lot while also having a few that didn't rub so well with me. Of course, this is to be expected anywhere throughout life. SwapShop is fantastic and very enjoyable.

But with every good, there is a bad. As time continued throughout my time here, I have lost motivation, excitement, and desire to be here. When the new Forums began, I was so determined to help Death in any way I could. Now, I have many ideas to make the servers better for all that have been running throughout my head for last few weeks, but I have pushed off making a post over and over again. If I was the admin I once was, that post would have been on the forums day one when the thought came into my noggin. Now, I ignore report bot and do what I want rather than doing the better for the community. I remember my beginning weeks after becoming an admin again and just seeing all of the admins online but having no one respond to them. I would respond sarcastically saying "Oh? No one else wants it? I guess I will take it... again..." Of course, this was back when we had half the staff we have now, but I still could not understand the lack of commitment from the admins of the time. They had all said that they were busy or it was dumb, but back then I felt that all reports were important. Sadly, I have become that. I do not take reports eagerly; if it came to someone asking why I didn't take reports, I would say that I am busy, even if I was playing Terraria or The Binding Of Isaac. Now I watch all of the new admins scramble around for taking reports like they are Easter Eggs. They speak in report bot and talk to each other having fun and enjoying themselves while I just sit waiting for them to stop sending beeps and boops. I used to make lists of the good things and bad things of players that we were reviewing for administration. Now, I say yes or no, if that. People say things and I just shoot them down. I fight the other side of ideas which very well can be good, but I do it for everything which is not good. Earlier there was a conflict on report bot where someone disagreed with something that was going on and I almost explained the other side and why their point was irrelevant, even though I fully agreed with them. I used to create great times for the players showing them "Look at what I can do, let's all be HHH and have a death match!" and everyone goes "WOW that's awesome, I love this server. do it again!" and now I just sit there doing the same rocket jumps I have been doing since day one. I used to create players' desires to return to SwapShop but now I just make them want to leave (Look at the staff report about me).

I don't know what else to say. This is just a post to notify any and all readers of what is going through my head. I might stay, I might leave. I know some would rather me stay and others would rather me leave, but I cannot yet make any commitments to either side.

Life is like a coin where in any situation, there will be two sides. But that doesn't stop it from not making any cents.

~16
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:24:50 PM by Sixteen »
Yeah, I know. Or at least, soon enough.
~16

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Sixteen
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 07:20:50 PM »
snipity-snip-snip
Greetings! My name is Freeze; I'm also known as TheWhiteFace and I enjoy playing on server #08.

There comes a time in one's life where situations can become difficult and sometimes bitter sweet. I understand your perspective on this matter. I've been in commitments before and had to back out due to unwillingness, disinterest or downright rejection. In the past month or three I used to be a co-leader and founder of a player-versus-player league called Nexus of PvP in DC Universe Online- an MMO.

The group was easily the largest PvP league on the United States PC server (or USPC server if you will). The co-leaders and regular members used to hang out in TeamSpeak and in-game. We still hang out in TeamSpeak, however, the league has been out of commission for quite some time. I used to post quite regularly on the game's official forums until the developers' relations with the consumers was exposed and quickly dwindled when a thread popped up on the PvP section titled "Server Merge."

The PvP section was practically a joke before the thread. The section was littered with ill-informed individuals who jumped to conclusions in regards to how the game worked and thus created useless threads. Only a few people knew what they were talking about even though the community literally had accurate guides which detailed the inner-workings and stats of the game. Those few- including myself- had been pushed away by the forum's community manager, Ted Stone (or rather known by his forum name, Mepps).

The manager banned every member who resided in the Hope Brothers, highly regarded as the best PvP league in the world. The bans extended to myself and my friends at Nexus. The community manager downright disrespected us and openly proclaimed that the company was not willing to listen to our feedback. We had already suspected that the developers didn't care about what we had to say anyways; however, we gave them the benefit of the doubt- or at least I did. Many posts in the Server Merge thread were deleted and the thread was then immediately locked by the manager. Many other threads after the Server Merge lock fell- either being locked or deleted.

I never thought I would ever cancel my DCUO membership and I never thought I would ever leave the game. However, there comes a time when something in one's life comes to an end. Who knows, maybe someone will take the torch and carry on where the Hope Brothers and Nexus of PvP left off. However, that idea is just wishful thinking seeing how the developers treated us and how the community manager treated us...

If this is perhaps your final word or one of your final words then don't be worried. As long as SwapShop still exists you may be able to return. In addition, with the new admins and motivations highlighted in your post you do not have to worry about the safety and future of the servers (as I'm sure you already know). Hopefully there will be someone who will carry the torch.

In the mean-time, if you like wub-wubz then here's a nice soundtrack I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jigRSeRYMzA
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 07:26:14 PM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 10:00:59 AM »
Hello reader, I have made my decision. My post above was a bit loaded but I feel it is necessary for myself. I will be leaving SwapShop for some time. It is likely I will return at a later time because I very much do love it here, but I need a break. When I am able to go onto the computer, you will likely see me on Orange Towers #08 where I always am on TF2. If anyone needs a second opinion or help with anything, feel free to let me know. Anyways, for the time being, I wish you all he best.
~16
~16

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 05:11:15 PM »
Hello reader, I have made my decision. My post above was a bit loaded but I feel it is necessary for myself. I will be leaving SwapShop for some time. It is likely I will return at a later time because I very much do love it here, but I need a break. When I am able to go onto the computer, you will likely see me on Orange Towers #08 where I always am on TF2. If anyone needs a second opinion or help with anything, feel free to let me know. Anyways, for the time being, I wish you all he best.
~16
Ironically, I think you're online more frequently now than when you were an admin.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:31:39 PM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~

Offline Sixteen

• Veteran SwapShopper
  • Forum Hero
    • Steam Profile Page
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 11:49:57 AM »
MY break has definitely been wonderful and I am very glad I took it. It is not over yet, and I will continue to enjoy it, but I have been tossing around the idea and have come to the conclusion that I will be returning to SwapShop Staff in 11 days. (AKA 8/31/15). I look forward to seeing all of you again and would like to rewelcome Sins while also welcome the new Staff member Neon, plus whoever might be accepted throughout this next week and a half.
~16
~16