• April 24, 2024, 09:55:24 AM

Author Topic: DeluxeGrilledCheese - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3734 times)

Offline -τғ2ss-GrilledCheese

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
DeluxeGrilledCheese - Game Server Admin Application
« on: July 31, 2015, 11:16:14 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:
I am 16.

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern Time Zone.

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
Actually, I am the owner of a steam group named SaiyanUnited. I am working on putting a TF2 server and hosting minigames and rafles there.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I wanna help out this community! I love this steam group and I want it to stay alive. This my main steam group that I stay up to date with.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I will be able to check servers anytime. I play TF2 so much more than you think. Anytime is fine with me, I will probably stay on the server mostly. If you need an estimate of time probably 4 hours a day.

B. On the forums?
Same as #7... I can always check the forums.. Just like the servers. I will give the forums a good 1 hour check every day.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Atlest 4 months+ I stay on our servers! They are fun to play on and to trade on. The servers I usually play on are the TF2SS.com servers.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
Hre is my steamrep link https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198075823568
I have no other.

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I have an account for only COD Games... My steam username is Mura Neto.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
Well I was younger, and this older kid kept calling me a noob, then started using foul language. To be honest at first I was more on the sad side, until I lost it. I wasn't extremly mad at the guy, I just reported him and kinda continued on with my day.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I love talking to people and helping people with different problems, but I do not like it when there are some people that just cuss at you and call you scrubs. It makes absolutley no sense to act in such a way.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 9
  • Patient: 9
  • Reactive: 4
  • Creative: 9
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 10
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 1

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Acting racist wouldn't even be a warning! That is foul in many different ways. I would probably kick him and if he joined back, ban.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Well if it's ofending someone else, then I would stop it. Even if something doesn't offend you, that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt somebody else. I would probably give them a warning.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would give them a warning, if continued I will mute them. Nobody likes micspamming expecially admins.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would report the problem to a owner immediatly. if you have admin abilities, that doesn't mean you get to use them in bad ways.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would thank the guy that told me, then immediatly find the server and ban him. There is absolutly no hacing/exploiting on TF2SS server.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
That would be an automatic kick for threatning other players and making up rules that don't even exist.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Give the group of players a warning, if they do not cooperate, then they will be getting kicked. If they join back and continue killing me, then it's a ban.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
This "person" wouldn't get a warning because using profanity is alright unless spoken to another player/group member. Then they would get kicked and reported.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Report of scamming and a kick from the server. Scamming isn't allowed on our servers, so do not do it.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell him to calm down.. You bought the perk so you need to expect to die.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: DeluxeGrilledCheese - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 12:12:20 AM »
•Troubleshooter: 1
I find it intriguing that you decided to give yourself a 1 on troubleshooting. Would you care to please explain as to why you did do that?

Offline AlexMason™

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Visitor
  • Fear is what creates order.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 01:30:33 AM »
G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Give the group of players a warning, if they do not cooperate, then they will be getting kicked. If they join back and continue killing me, then it's a ban.

You'd ban a group of players for killing you? That's a bit too harsh I'd say.

Offline Minion of Set

• The Intimidating One
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 07:18:52 AM »
For E, you said you'd just go right to the server and ban without actually checking to see if it was a legitimate hack? Some people confuse the high speed perk for a hack, which leads to alot of false reports at times. For G, you can't ban players for killing you. We get alot of reports about people wanting to ban others for killing them, which is stupid because it's part of the game.
Words of Wisdom: Never piss off an engineer, because he will get your balls, no matter what you do

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 05:38:03 PM »
Seems you are having a lack of replying and responding to Administrators. You're supposed to check up on your application Daily.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 01:25:17 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.