• April 23, 2024, 05:47:32 AM

Author Topic: rockymike1 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3652 times)

Offline ℛockyMiike

• Forum Visitor
  • Hey. My name is Miike. Nice to meet you. ^-^
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
rockymike1 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:43:04 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
eastern standard

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I've owned my own Team Fortress server. I've owned my own Minecraft server.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to help people on the server. Stuff has gone down when I've been on and it takes a while to get an admin on. I wanna make that less likely to happen by being part of the staff.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
During the summer about 12 hours a day. During the school year about 6.

B. On the forums?
I check them occassionally. If I need to check them more for the position I will be happy too.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I've been playing for what I think is almost a year.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
i have not been banned from valve or servers. my url is http://steamrep.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2Fsteamcommunity.com%2Fid%2Frockymike1

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I have an ALT but I can't use it since I forgot the password. it was called tf2tradeshop or somethng like that.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I have attempted to mute a kid because he wouldn't stop screaming racist slurs. i tried my hardest to get as many friends onto the server just to votemute him. that is the best i can explain it. I don't lose control that easily. i normally just go quiet and try to figure out what to do.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I consider myself good at being there when someone is in need so i will most likely be there when something is going down on a server. I consider myself a little easy on my friends but that doesn't mean I haven't tried muting them or kicking them when they have done something wrong.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 10
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 7
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 7
  • Objective: 5
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 7
  • Troubleshooter: 5

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Well I would want to mute him but I'd give him a chance to stop.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would probably think over if it is offensive and consult with my friends if i am to find out it is offensive i will most likely warn them to stop and if it proceeds i would mute them or kick.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I'd give them a chance before I would mute them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I will tell another admin or the owner while recording what they are doing.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would join the server to check if they are speed hacking and if proof is given ban them or kick.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I will tell the regular user to be quiet and tell them hw the player is not breaking any rules. if the user continues to proceed i will mute or kick.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
knowing the server has friendly. go into friendly for a bit while asking them to stop.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
i would warn them to stop. if it proceeds i would mute them. if they somehow get around that I will kick them.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
i would tell the player how it is scam. and warn the oscammer that he should stop.  if he contiunues i will either mute or kick.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
i'd tell them how they did get killed. it would be fair. if they want it back they should enable it again.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:30:15 AM by RockyMiike »
Miike ;)

Offline ℛockyMiike

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:56:25 AM by RockyMiike »
Miike ;)

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: rockymike1 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 10:19:30 PM »
11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I have attempted to mute a kid because he wouldn't stop screaming racist slurs.
Can you go into more detail, please?

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I consider myself good at being there when someone is in need. I consider myself a little weak when people offend my friends.
When you say "good", what do you mean - what is it that you do when someone is "in need?" And when you say you're "weak" when people offend your friends, what exactly do you do that makes you weak?

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I would probably think over if it is offensive and consult with my friends.
After you discover that the person is indeed offensive, what action would you take?

Offline ℛockyMiike

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 02:31:32 AM »
sorry for not being too clear with it. I hope you understand the modifications i made.
Miike ;)

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 12:38:55 PM »
Okay, thanks for making corrections.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 01:25:46 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.