• April 26, 2024, 04:36:24 PM

Author Topic: blueblur18 - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3587 times)

Offline God's Glorious Gluteos Maximus

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
blueblur18 - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:55:10 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
(UTC-8:00) pacific time (US and Canada) 

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I never had any previous supervisory. But I did call an admin once to a trade server where a person was mic spamming horrible music and I had to report him/her to an admin because he/she kept constantly playing it over and over after getting kicked off.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to help people who are having difficulties having fun on these servers. I noticed that there have been a lot of people who get really angry over kills

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I spend like 8-20 hours on these servers in summer or weekends. But when it comes to school it would have to be after hours like 3-10 pm etc.

B. On the forums?
Once in a while like maybe 10 minutes to see if anything changed or announcements.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I was first introduced to this server by a friend on skype and since then I played on this server for about 1-3 years

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198028618459 this is my steam rep. I never had any vac problems, trade problems etc

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
i had an account called spongesonic19, but it is only my backup account in case anything goes wrong with my current account http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029507802/

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I don't freak out as often as other people do. But when I do its usually when people gang up and try to spawn camp me. However I don't scream or swear on the mic, I'm more of a calm individual.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I consider myself to be more of a computer tech savvy. I'm not very good at exercising. 

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 5
  • Patient: 7
  • Reactive: 5
  • Creative: 5
  • Polite: 8
  • Reasonable: 5
  • Objective: 4
  • Perceptive: 5
  • Compassionate: 5
  • Troubleshooter: 6

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I will ask him/her to apologize to that person, and if they refused to apologize I will give them a 10 minute period to try and redeem themselves, if that doesn't happen I will mute or kick them.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I'd ask them to apologize in 10 minutes after those remarks. If after those 10 minutes I will try to either mute him/her or ban him/her or give them a warning that they should stop with these remarks.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would give them a chance to redeem themselves before I mute/kick them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
I would record that person exploiting their powers. Then give the proof to other admins to see if it is wrong to exploit.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would check the player (aka spectating) to see if the person really is using speed hacks. If it shows that he is speed hacking then I would kick or ban him if it is constant.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would join in on the argument and say the actual rules on this server, then if the player tries to convince me that these fake rules exist I will ban/kick the player

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would go on friendly mode and try to at least, stop this by fighting them or using the power of zeus to try and break up the situation.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Oh I will tell them that it is only a game and that if it is not fun, don't play at all. If that doesn't work though, then I might mute or kick him for a couple of hours.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
I would tell the other player that it is a scam and that those who ask for god mode don't know how to play properly and besides if they wanted to stop getting killed, I would tell them that the server has a friendly mode.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
I would tell them not to complain, as it is only a game and should not be taken seriously. If that doesn't work, then I will mute them for a couple of hours.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 01:45:05 AM by Blueblur18 »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: blueblur18 - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 10:05:48 PM »
E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
I would check the player (aka spectating) to see if the person really is using speed hacks

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would join in on the argument and say the actual rules on this server.
For these two questions, what will you do after you find out that the hacker is indeed speed hacking, and what would you do after you say that rules of the sever?

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
I would go on friendly mode and try to at least, stop this situation.
How would you "stop this situation"?

A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I will ask him/her to apologize to that person, and if they refused to apologize I will give them a 3 day period to try and redeem themselves, if that doesn't happen I will mute or kick them.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I'd ask them to apologize in 3 days after those remarks. If after those 3 days I will try to either mute him/her or ban him/her
In most scenarios, you don't have time to wait 3 days for a response - you usually have make a choice within a couple of minutes on what to do about the suspected player. If you may, please rewrite it as if that was the case (modify on the top right of the application form).

Offline God's Glorious Gluteos Maximus

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 08:16:03 AM »
I changed the 3 days into 10 minutes and I also added a bit more info on the speed hacking etc

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 01:24:46 PM »
Thank you for applying for TF2SwapShop administration, however we feel that you do not satisfy our standards for administrating the servers at this moment.

You may re-apply again after 6 months has passed.

Application denied.