• March 29, 2024, 06:44:38 AM

Author Topic: BoboTheOrangutan - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 2444 times)

BoboTheOrangutan - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 02, 2015, 03:21:50 PM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I do not have any admin experince but I have a lot of friends that are admins and I learn from them.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I want to keep peace throughout the community and prevent Mic spam, Abuse, Chat spam, ect. ect. I also would like to have my first administrative position. :D

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Almost every day for at least a hour.

B. On the forums?
I will check it almost every day that I'm on the server or doing nothing on my laptop.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
I don't know exactaly but I have been playing for at least 7 months.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047683075/  This is the link to my steam profile I have two comments saying I am a good trader and that I'm pretty cool.

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
N/A

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
One time I was losing in a fight and I was just getting hammerd on and then I got VERY mad and I got a reversal and just hammerd on this kid over and over and he got two black eyes. I still regret that moment to this day. :(

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I am very good at compermising with people and keeping things fair. Some of my weaknesses are that I tend to midly over-react to small situations.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 4
  • Reactive: 7
  • Creative: 6
  • Polite: 9
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 8
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 7

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would gag/mute them if they do not appoligize within minutes. In my household we do not tollerate racial slurs to the slightist degree.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
Ask the person making the remarks to stop politely and if then if they continued there would be consequences.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
I would have a small amount of patience for them but I would give them a chance to fix themselves, If they choose not to listen to me I will mute them. I hate mic spammers like just holding down the mic button and letting everything you say be repeated. ugghhh makes me mad.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Try to take action if that did not work tell higher authority.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Tell other admins to watch out for this person and then investigate it myself.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
First, tell the victim that they will not be banned. Next, tell the person making threats that they are stating fake rules and that they do not have the power to ban. If this continues a kick/ban.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Have fun and try to kill them! I take that as they think I'm to good and then I will try to kill them

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
First, tell them to please not disrespect the server. Next, mute/gag them if this behavior continues.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Kick them immediately I have been a victim of scam before and it is not fun. :( also hacks are not tolerated!

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
This is what you payed for. Everyone has the chance to kill you with this perk. If you are not satisfied please do not buy this perk again.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 04:15:44 PM by Bobo The Orangutan »

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: BoboTheOrangutan - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 04:19:13 PM »
3. Age:
You must be 16 years old at least to apply for server administrator.

Application denied. You may re-apply once you have met our requirements.