• April 30, 2024, 12:26:54 PM

Author Topic: Csgo servers  (Read 10858 times)

Offline Tory Ravufuru

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Csgo servers
« on: August 06, 2015, 02:08:02 AM »
So I was super hyped when we said we were going to do some CSGO servers and I was kind of envisioning what they would be and instead we got 5 Community Deathmatch servers. I'm not sure if these are just temporary maps and gamemodes or what was thought to be the finalized version but I have some things I would like to say about why Community Deathmatch is a bad idea and what I think they should be.

First off is why we shouldn't do Community Deathmatch (or just about any community gamemodes). If you go into your main screen in CSGO you see in the top left "Find a game" and with this you can find any kind of game on official servers that grant you + to your private rank. Unless the community server has something exotic to it, having the Deathmatch, Arms race, Demolition, or Casual game modes seems like something that wont attract a community and in truth would only gather dust.

Now I didn't lump community competitive into the group above. This is because community competitive has one thing that Valve hosted Competitive does not. A way to play without altering your in game rank and a way to play while you are banned from Competitive. Mock 5v5 competitive could very well gather a community and be something that is played on frequently.

Now here is what I recommend from personal experience in playing different game modes and personal opinion. I think we should have 2 Community competitive servers (one active duty group and one reserves group maps (or both cycling through all the maps)) 1 AWP only map (I have seen large communities that enjoy playing on these kinds of maps) 1 Desert Eagle only map (Like the awp maps this one also has a community that enjoys 'deagle" only because of the skill behind the weapon (one shot head-shots)) and 1 TTT aka Trouble in Terrorist Town map (these servers are thriving and of all the servers I've been to its mostly Paidmins aka Admins who get their job through donation, and bad admins. If we could make a TTT server which actually has people enforce the rules, I think it could thrive.)
Below are links to the ips of servers that I think we could try to emulate for the 3 unconventional game modes i suggested.
209.126.100.184:27019   desert eagle only
209.126.105.251:27017   awps only
74.91.113.113:27015      now this isnt the best one ive seen for ttt but its good.  Below is how I would format a ttt server

The credit system that is there for buying armor and stuff is good on all servers. Nothing i would change there.
If all Innocents die the Traitors win even if Detectives are alive.
You can have your weapon skins (on the ip i linked they only give you stock weapon skins except for your knife.)
I would make RDM (killing people without knowing if they are a traitor) punishable by being slayed for the next 3 rounds and ban-able if they are a repeat offender.
Camping/waiting out the clock is only permissible if you are an Innocent.
I will update as i think of more things that vary from server to server.

Offline Deathâ„¢

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Csgo servers
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 01:45:04 PM »
I am new to csgo so bear with me - The servers are a work in progress.

Offline Psy

• Butt Administrator
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • I'm retarded.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Csgo servers
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 12:27:42 PM »
Topic locked.
AFK like JFK