• April 25, 2024, 01:54:30 AM

Author Topic: Freeze™ #GottamMan - I will Not Apply for Game Server Admin  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Peter Capaldi's Peter Capaldi

• Forum Veteran
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Freeze™ #GottamMan - I will Not Apply for Game Server Admin
« on: August 12, 2015, 07:24:29 PM »
Greetings! My name is Freeze; I'm also known as TheWhiteFace and I enjoy playing on server #08.

I will not apply for game server admin or at least not for this year. I will be spending the rest of my days from August twenty-fifth to spring or summer 2016 on my nothing but my academics. I will be practically dead on Steam and away from my PC until next summer. Therefore, I do not want to become an admin for such a temporary time- assuming that I would get accepted in the first place. There are also issues that I would like to address regarding myself.

I have mixed community relations. This is primarily due to how I play in-game. People can give witness to the countless times I have broken friendly parties, straight up denied players' wishes or did something someone didn't like in general.

I'm not particularly a favorite to play with for some people; I bet a lot of people don't like playing with me or against me. SwapShop admins are required to show good conduct on the forums, in-game and make the server enjoyable for all. Making the server enjoyable for everyone is obviously not my strong suit.

I have a record of kicks, mutes and gags in the past. (Ask Sixteen about the "old days.") In addition, if staff are being questioned in regards to "fun" commands (ie sv_gravity) and their abuse, then why should I bother? I would most likely just abuse the shop with infinite credits and the "fun" commands available for the staff. I would revert any changes made to the server to default, however, I would use the commands without the community approval.

In addition, I also host multiple aliases and two avatars regarding these aliases. Yes, Freeze™ #GottamMan is an alias and a spoof of Blaze™ #PanMan. Some of my other aliases are as follows: Negative Sixteen i, Your Oblivious Left! and The First Boss of the Internet. It is strongly recommended and preferred to have name consistency for ease of identification as an admin and for other valid reasons one might construct. This is also an issue since I can't give up on creating more silly names and silly avatars in general.

I understand that reporting is a huge responsibility for SwapShop regulars and the server needs community members who deeply care about reporting rule-breakers. Being anonymous at times is how I try to help the server. I wish there was another staff position that would suit this kind of anonymity role. I enjoy playing on the server and helping it out via reports; however, I am honestly not administrator material. Thanks for reading and understanding.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:24:20 PM by Freeze™ #GottamMan »
~