Author Topic:  (Read 6429 times)

Offline ¤Dlq¤™ Mr.Friendly

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
(No subject)
« on: August 20, 2015, 10:21:23 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
Eastern

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
2 other servers have accepted my admin-ship.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I have seen thing that most players on tf2ss servers keep quiet about and i want to change that.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
Monday thru Thursdays .

B. On the forums?
Monday thru Thursdays 2:45-5:30.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
Mostly around 5 months or so.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
I unfortunately don't have a rep thread because i believe that people with opinions  should be able to say them with out being discriminated by others.

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:
I do not have any alternative accounts.

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
Well, back when i was in 5th grade i felt like what was the point in living if i keep doing the same things so i at one point decided to kick "the bucket" but before i could i realized that there is amazing things in the world that i still want to see and do. so whenever I am lost or sad i just ask myself, "your lying down on your death bed and you had the capability to change this moment, what would you do?".

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Well i have a part time job at a daycare so i am great with children, i have a compassionate heart from my mother, i do serve on my schools debate team so i can settle debates relatively quickly, and over all i love being nice :)  .

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 8
  • Patient: 8
  • Reactive: 9
  • Creative: 10
  • Polite: 10
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 4
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 10
  • Troubleshooter: 9

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would kindly ask them to stop. if they however continued to make these comments then i would ask again. if they still make these comments again i will place a temporary mute or kick/ban on them. i would like to note i don't like banning users but i will if they offend other users.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I will still ask them to stop. regardless of my beliefs. if they offend someone i do take action.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
i will ask other users if the user (who is mic spamming) is becoming annoying if the y do find him or her annoying i will ask him stop and or temporally mute the user.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
tell them to stop and that it is morally wrong to exploit your administrative powers like that, if they continue to use there powers i will go to tf2swapshop.com and alert another admin about the other admin.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
i will immediately get the report to my fellow admins and go over to that server where the user who is speed hacking and go onto spectator and find the suspected user and watch if he uses any hacking abilities.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
i will consult with the user who is being threatened and assure him that he will not be banned and when that user has calmed down i will speak to the other user that the rules do not state about the rule he is talking about. if he does continue i will personally look at the rule book and try and find the rule he is talking about, if i do not find it i will tell him that the rule he is stating is simply not in the rule book and leave it at that.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
i will not get angry. i will not get sad. i will only think that they are a group of worthy opponents and i will try my best to fight back without using my administrative abilities  however if they do this to another player and start making threats to the player i will have to talk to them. if they continue i will temporally kick them.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
i will mute this player not because he is offending me but that he is being a public nuisance to players.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
i will ask the other users if he has been truthful with his remarks, if they say yes he has i will wait for a user to accept his terms and when the trade is over i will ask that user if he has given the god mode capabilities and if he says yes i will politely ask if he would not use those capabilities unless he buys it the correct way i will then kick the user who has offered the trade temporally.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
that this is all but a game, and yes as a gamer, no gamer wants to hear those words but i will however be polite and join his or her teams and jokingly help them so they feel better. once again i do not e that i like to give things to people so if the other player is a good sport i will give them credits to buy in the shop.

Offline Twi~raptor97xex

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 10:38:43 AM »
Oh yes, Mr.Friendly...i know you in game so i think my opinion should matter to this greatly. Let me start by saying this one thing. Mr.Friendly you wrote this perfectly in my opinion, i dont see any problems with it. Your patients is a bit small xP but you are a very good at helping and thinking.

Wanna be an admin  i see, well i dont see why you shouldn't. You fit the bill in my opinion and im not just saying that because of my friendship i have with you but because its true. You have shown it to me in servers all over. You take charge and you have the voice thats bearable to listen too.  I think you do deserve this and here is why.

You put out effort on every game task, like EVERY SINGLE ONE. You can reason and listen to others and you follow the rules even if they are stupid or not needed. Your patient when its needed and not patient when needed. Your always watching ;) keeping a close eye on not just yourself but everyone.

This is all i can say for now, i dont wanna write a book about how i think or why i think you should be an admin, all i can say now is. Good luck 8)

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 10:58:30 AM »
Requirements:
No previous VAC bans.
You must not have violated any of Steam's terms of conditions
Must have at least a 6 month old Steam account (approximately).
Must have played at least 1 month on our servers (approximately).
Cannot have more than 3 Steam friends marked as SCAMMER.
Cannot have a suspicious SteamRep (too many VAC-banned friends, scammer friends, etc.)
Cannot have a bad reputation on our servers because of bans, mutes, gags, etc. enacted in the past.
Cannot have a private profile on Steam.
Must be at least 16 years old
You must have a microphone.
You must have at least 500 total hours on Team Fortress 2
You must respond to your application after 3 day through replying
From The Flying Knife's Application Guidelines topic.
Unfortunately, your application will not be accepted. You can reapply once you are of eligible age.
In the future, this is what we refer to when we say SteamRep:
https://steamrep.com

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
yes i do understand that you request 16 year-olds the guide lines also say that if you are 16 it increases your chances of acceptance. besides my age i do believe i feel that i am fit for administrative duties.

Offline Polarized

• URL Badman
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 11:20:31 AM »
The age cap was raised to 16 earlier this year. We must have forgotten to removed that part from the Recommended Qualities category. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced because of that.

Offline Tory Ravufuru

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 11:30:24 AM »
Actually this is what it exactly says. Under requirements: Must be at least 16 years old. Under recommended: If you are older than 16, then you are more likely to be accepted. It basically means it's better if you are older than 16 but 116 is the minimum. Guidelines were last changed 3 days ago also so it wasn't in response to what you said.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 11:33:47 AM »
i understand that you have guide lines but if i had been 16 and had said the same things you would more than likely have cleared me so if one inconvenience destroys this whole application then what is the point of having a community when you can not be in relationship with younger users?
when i go online to most of tf2swapshop's servers i usually see a handful of younger users who are shy. i recently asked 1 why he wasn't talking, do you know what he said? he said "i dont like the older people they make fun of me because i'm not old." and that right there is enough proof to tell kids dont get a right in these servers and i want to change that.

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 11:35:35 AM »
they need someone to look up too, rely on, and over all open up too and these kids don't have that

Offline Tory Ravufuru

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
I'm not sure what the people in charge of accepting denying applications will do but I will reply with my judgement on THIS thread so you see what atleast one of the admins see when they review applications. I will also type my thoughts as I read it.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 12:09:58 PM »
You actually do not meet 3 of our requirements:
  • You need at least 500 hours on Team Fortress 2; You have 348 hours as of this post. I state it must be approximately that duration, but your hours is about 70% of the requirement.
  • You have to be 16 years old; You're 14 years old.
  • Your Steam account must be at least 6 months old; Your steam account is 4 months old. I do state again that your account has to be APPROXIMATELY that age, but your account is only 66% of the age.
Application denied.

You may reapply again once you have met all of our requirements.

As for this:
when i go online to most of tf2swapshop's servers i usually see a handful of younger users who are shy. i recently asked 1 why he wasn't talking, do you know what he said? he said "i dont like the older people they make fun of me because i'm not old." and that right there is enough proof to tell kids dont get a right in these servers and i want to change that.
You bring up this scenario because we were discussing how you were 14 years old as opposed to 16 years old. Being a 14 year old admin isn't relevant to how you would deal with this situation considering our Server Administrators punish players who insult others continously anyways.

In all, being a 14 year old admin doesn't mean you have more strengths... it will almost always mean the opposite.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:17:11 PM by ¤The Flying Knife¤ »

Offline Tory Ravufuru

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 12:11:05 PM »
Can we keep this application open for a little bit so he can see my reply. I kind of want to see what he has to say to it. I'm almost done.

Offline Death™

• King Of Death
  • Head Administrator
  • Forum Master
  • The Unholy King Of Death
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 12:11:58 PM »
Can we keep this application open for a little bit so he can see my reply. I kind of want to see what he has to say to it. I'm almost done.
Okay.

Offline Tory Ravufuru

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »
Things that I thought that are relevent:
Age: 14  It is under the requirement that we set. First off I will admit that I felt the minimum should be 13 but was out voted. Here were some reasons for a higher age.

1. Admins of different ages means different levels of education, experence in the gaming field, and communication skills among other things. This is a problem because how one admin thinks and their ideas may be interpreted as incorrect because another admin has higher level of experience. Also when handling situations younger admins may tend to make more mistakes than others. The original requirement back in the day was 16 years old, I am unsure why it was changed though.

2. Steams Terms Of Service State that you must be at least 13 years old to start using it. If we keep it at such low ages finding those with good experience will prove to be more than difficult.

Why not just set it a year higher or 2?
A. We want an individual that has experience for sometime not just a few months. One years or two doesn't seem like enough time to me for them to get. The ones that claim to have had experience that are apart of staff some don't even know commands.

Also there was a concern of younger admins abusing admin powers because of less maturity and less common sense.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
I have seen thing that most players on tf2ss servers keep quiet about and i want to change that.
Seems to be an unfinished thought or not because of the "about" in there. Also the I is not capitalized which albeit a small thing, it kind of points toward the applicant either being less educated or not caring as much about the application.

A. On the servers?
Monday thru Thursdays .
All day or certain parts. Again seems unfinished which would seem to point at not caring as much about the application

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
I unfortunately don't have a rep thread because i believe that people with opinions  should be able to say them with out being discriminated by others.
We go out and say steamrep right in the question. I'm not taking the time to find your steam profile so I can find your steamrep. Steamrep points out if you have been banned or if you are a scammer and how many of your friends are vac banned, scammers, or other such things. EX. my steamrep http://steamrep.com/search?q=Ravufuru

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
Well i have a part time job at a daycare so i am great with children, i have a compassionate heart from my mother, i do serve on my schools debate team so i can settle debates relatively quickly, and over all i love being nice :)  .
Does not list a weakness which points toward either not fully reading questions or not caring about the application.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:

Logical: 8
    Patient: 8
    Reactive: 9
    Creative: 10
    Polite: 10
    Reasonable: 8
    Objective: 4
    Perceptive: 7
    Compassionate: 10
    Troubleshooter: 9
Lots of high scores which could point toward a more stuck up/arrogant personality. Overall very minor but still something to keep in mind.

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
I would kindly ask them to stop. if they however continued to make these comments then i would ask again. if they still make these comments again i will place a temporary mute or kick/ban on them. i would like to note i don't like banning users but i will if they offend other users.
abit lenient but whatever. Some admins care I dont so much.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
I will still ask them to stop. regardless of my beliefs. if they offend someone i do take action.
You do not list an action.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
i will ask the other users if he has been truthful with his remarks, if they say yes he has i will wait for a user to accept his terms and when the trade is over i will ask that user if he has given the god mode capabilities and if he says yes i will politely ask if he would not use those capabilities unless he buys it the correct way i will then kick the user who has offered the trade temporally.
UM WAT. No seriously. You let the scam happen. There is no way to give godmode so you are basically saying... "yeah ill let the scam take place then do something about it." HUGE RED FLAG.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
that this is all but a game, and yes as a gamer, no gamer wants to hear those words but i will however be polite and join his or her teams and jokingly help them so they feel better. once again i do not e that i like to give things to people so if the other player is a good sport i will give them credits to buy in the shop.
Admins cant give credits to people out of nowhere. They would come from your personal credits but hey do what you want.

Last tidbit. You say you have been with our servers for about 5 months but The Flying Knife has pointed out that your steam account has only been open for 4 months. This is either blatantly lying on an application (GG) or a mess up. I'm not sure which but have at it.

At this point I would vote a resounding NO because of 14 I and a seemingly lack of caring done when writing the application. I would like to hear your response to this.

P.S. This is either my largest or 2nd largest post. Only other one was when I tried to vouch for Cato... For some reason I find that amusing and worthy of a post script.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:20:23 PM by ★☼♥Foxy♥☼★ »

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 12:27:51 PM »
i understand. i will apply again when at the eligible age. just take what i said into account about the younger players. once in awhile look at those who dont come out of spawn.

Offline Tory Ravufuru

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Poster
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re:
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 12:33:10 PM »
Good luck with your future and I will keep that advice in mind. If you wish you can add me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/ravufuru/