• April 27, 2024, 06:28:22 PM

Author Topic: Roses - Game Server Admin Application  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Roses

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Roses - Game Server Admin Application
« on: August 28, 2015, 01:23:51 AM »
1. Which position do you wish to apply for?
Game Server Admin

2. Do you have a microphone that you are willing to use?
Yes

3. Age:

4. What Time Zone do you live in?
PST

5. List and describe any previous supervisory, administrative or management experience,­ in or out of the game:
I used to admin in a battlefield 3 server back on console.

6. What are your goals in this community - or, why do you want to hold this position?
Help out the other admins like Arkos and Flying knife deal with either the kids that do not know anything about the game and deal with people like Blank_Space whom I had Arkos deal with because he was claiming to be an admin though I had asked Arkos if he were.

7. How much time will you be able to spend:
A. On the servers?
I only play on your guy's servers normally because I am not big on pubs and I like the community you guys have going, and I play TF2 almost every day.

B. On the forums?
Not sure, I will have to see.

8. How long have you been playing on our group of servers?
4-5 months I believe.

9. List a reputation thread here (your SteamRep URL and/or other reputation threads):
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198166094815

10. If you have alternate accounts, list any alternative accounts that you own:

11. Describe a time during which you lost control:
I find myself to be pretty calm most times, however a couple of times I got pretty angry because of someone just ranting on and on in voice about how much this game sucked, and how people like me, (Ace spy) ruin the game, so I told him to leave and go complain to someone who cares.

12. What do you consider in yourself to be strengths? What do you consider in yourself to be weaknesses?
I can solve problems well most times. And a weakness would be I have a tendency to insult others in a rude yet comical way.

13. Assess these attributes from 1 to 10 based on how you see yourself:
  • Logical: 7
  • Patient: 6
  • Reactive: 6
  • Creative: 8
  • Polite: 5
  • Reasonable: 8
  • Objective: 6
  • Perceptive: 7
  • Compassionate: 9
  • Troubleshooter: 8

14. After you become an admin, how would you react to these situations below:
A: How would you deal with a person who was making racist comments?
Confirm that they were indeed making said comments, ask them to stop, if they do not comply and i get more than one report on them for it I gag/mute them.

B: If a group of players are offended by remarks that you yourself do not find offensive, how would you respond?
For the better of the community, I would have to ask them to quit and if they do not comply gag/mute them.

C: How would you deal with players who micspam?
ask them to switch to push to talk or to turn of their mic, If they do not comply I gag them.

D: Another TF2SS admin is exploiting their powers in game; what will you do about it?
Report it to head admin and advise the other administrator to quit abusing his power.

E: What would you do when answering a report that [username] is speed hacking on one of our servers?
Join the server he is in, go spectate and see if he truly is. If he is, perma-ban him.

F: A regular user threatens another player that they will be banned if they do not comply with rules that do not exist. What will you do about it?
I would assure the player that such rules do not exist and give the player enforcing non-existent rules a temp ban.

G: A group of enemy players dominate you, ignoring everyone else and changing teams if you join the team they are on, killing only you over and over again. What will you do about it?
Suck it up. play as usual.

H: How do you deal with a player who comments publicly that: you are an asshole, the server sucks ass, and continues to insult anyone who kills them with profanity & by screaming on the mic?
Ask him to quit being rude and vulgar, or ask him to leave the server if he does not like it and the people playing on it, If he does not comply either gag him or kick him.

I: A regular player on our server says that they will offer free godmode for anyone who trades a hat to them. What will you do about it?
Try to get the scammer to trade you, and once done confirming it ban him for maybe a week or so and hope he does not return.

J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
just a game, there is nothing to get angry about.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:26:21 AM by Roses »

Offline Sans (Underswap)

• Forum Visitor
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
Re: Roses - Game Server Admin Application
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:36:57 AM »
Ok im not a admin but if i were i would say yes this is how you apply excellent job but like i said it's not up to me so good job i hope you succeed

Offline Lunarium

• High Tier Trader
  • Staff Trainer
  • Forum Master
  • Your Deadly skill is jogging? Mine is Murdering.
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 02:38:47 AM »
Number 9 Is asking for your SteamRep. Here is your provided:
http://steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198166094815

And for 14 J:
J: A player who bought the Headless Horsemann perk from the shop complains after another player slays him/her. What do you tell the slayed Headless Horsemann player?
just a game, there is nothing to get angry about.
Wouldn't you also be upset if you spent 3000 Credits for the headless horseman, and then someone bought a slay perk to slay you, wasting your 3000 either Hard earned credits, or donated Credits? Wouldn't you want to elaborate to the frustrated player and reassure him?

You also don't meet all of the requirements:

Green for Qualify
Red for Unqualify
Yellow for irrelevant

1.No previous VAC bans.
    2.You must not have violated any of Steam's terms of conditions
    3.Must have at least a 6 month old Steam account (approximately).
    4.Must have played at least 1 month on our servers (approximately).
      (Allthough you only have 73.5 hours in the past 2 weeks out of 125 hours. So you've most likely been around for a lot less.)
    5.Cannot have more than 3 Steam friends marked as SCAMMER.
    6.Cannot have a suspicious SteamRep (too many VAC-banned friends, scammer friends, etc.)
    7.Cannot have a bad reputation on our servers because of bans, mutes, gags, etc. enacted in the past.
    8.Cannot have a private profile on Steam.
    9.Must be at least 16 years old
    10.You must have a microphone.
    11.You must have at least 500 total hours on Team Fortress 2
    12.You must reply to your application within 3 days after someone asks a question on it

Your application will be Denied for not meeting all the requirements required to be an Administrator on TF2SS
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:49:50 AM by -ᴛғ2ss-☠Lunarium Wolf☠ »

Offline Ἀΐδης

• Retired Staff Member
  • Forum Master
  • What is it you truly seek to obtain?
    • View backpack
    • View SteamRep
    • View Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 05:20:09 AM »
Green for Qualify
Red for Unqualify
Yellow for irrelevant

1.No previous VAC bans.
    2.You must not have violated any of Steam's terms of conditions
    3.Must have at least a 6 month old Steam account (approximately). Joined Steam:    2014-12-02 (Aka: December 2nd of 2014)
    4.Must have played at least 1 month on our servers (approximately).
      (Allthough you only have 73.5 hours in the past 2 weeks out of 125 hours. So you've most likely been around for a lot less.) You must have minimum of 500. See further down.
    5.Cannot have more than 3 Steam friends marked as SCAMMER.
    6.Cannot have a suspicious SteamRep (too many VAC-banned friends, scammer friends, etc.)
    7.Cannot have a bad reputation on our servers because of bans, mutes, gags, etc. enacted in the past.
    8.Cannot have a private profile on Steam.
    9.Must be at least 16 years old
    10.You must have a microphone.
    11.You must have at least 500 total hours on Team Fortress 2
    12.You must reply to your application within 3 days after someone asks a question on it

-ᴛғ2ss-☠Lunarium Wolf☠ is correct in the fact that you do not meet all of our requirements.

We here at TF2Swapshop thank you for taking an interest in applying for an Administrator position, however you must meet all of our requirements: Minimum hours of 500. You may reapply after meeting all of the requirements. I recommend not to just idle for them.

Application Denied.

Hades